Cct ?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
2manymadmonkeys

Cct ?

Post by 2manymadmonkeys »

Hi. Can you tell if they have been done by looking ? As my storm has no paper work to say. do the replacements look the same as standard ones?
seb421

Re: Cct ?

Post by seb421 »

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

However it's a bit more complicated to find out if the stopper mod's been done, as they still look standard from the outside.

But you can tell without taking them out-
Firstly, get the bike to the correct (of 2 choices) top dead centre on the rear cylinder. Follow the instructions in Sirch's excellent thread in the Workshop Knowledgebase (in the workshop section) to set the engine to the correct place. It'll mean taking the tank off and the rear cam cover.

Then undo the 8mm af hex bolt cap at the end of the rear cct.

Then put a small screwdriver (flat blade) into the cct, and locate it with the slot in the adjuster.
Turning it clockwise, you should feel pressure. Turning it anticlockwise you should feel spring pressure.

But if the CCT is standard you can turn it more than three full turns before it stops, against the spring pressure. If the stopper mod's been done you will only be able to turn it at most one and a half full turns before it stops.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have manuals on mine, you can see the thread on the rear one here,

And the front here at the bottom by the hoses.

The front is the most important one as these are the more common failure.

The auto tensioners that have had the fail safe conversion look like standard but have had the internals changed.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

where are you based? if you can get to the Midlands workshop day on the 21st we can show you how to check and how to fit the stopper mod [or if you buy manuals, show you how to fit them].
AMcQ
2manymadmonkeys

Post by 2manymadmonkeys »

Would do but I'm on the south coast so a bit far