Post by lloydie »

what a match :thumbup:
really pleased for him :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Kev L

Re: well done andy murry

Post by Kev L »

Nice that he's got the monkey off his back. Brilliant job. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Turns out he is British after all.

Well done fella
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
boz

Post by boz »

Makes you wonder. Murray thrashes the crap out of Federer and Djokovic and I mean thrashes, yet.....come the major finals he gets busted. Same story with other non major finals. Murray lives with the best of them. He's beaten Federer and the Spanish fella lots of times (not you Marty). :lol: So what's the problem? Does he bottle it or are his opponents having a bad day in the non major finals he wins. Its all about state of mind I think, how to handle perceived pressure. I think Murray needs coaching of the kind which has little to do with actual tennis to improve his state of mind. Maybe study some classic literature to see how some of historys greats coped with success and more importantly failure. Nelson (Admiral and Mandela), Caesar, Hannibal (not Lecter), Bonaparte. The likes of Ali, Cantona, Fisher and Leonard all benefited from a little philosophy....now chuck me the phone, I gotta give that Lendl a bell :lol: :lol: :lol:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Its called switching off, they switch off the emotional side of the game, hes still learning to do that, but hes getting good at it :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jazzscot wrote:Turns out he is British after all.

Well done fella
:clap: :clap:

he played well and it was on the big stage, so he will know how to do it again next time.

See when Murry had just won and he walked in and met Federer at the net at the end of the match, I recon RF whispered into Murrys ear "its OK, there was no prize money for this one" :twisted:
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Jazzscot wrote:Turns out he is British after all.

Well done fella
:clap: :clap:

he played well and it was on the big stage, so he will know how to do it again next time.

See when Murry had just won and he walked in and met Federer at the net at the end of the match, I recon RF whispered into Murrys ear "its OK, there was no prize money for this one" :twisted:
:lol: my take on that was he said "nice one Andy, but tbh I wasn't really trying as I needed to get off for an early dinner"