SORN

General Biker Banter
boz

SORN

Post by boz »

That's me taking the bike off the road till the new year. Got stacks planned for it.....new fairing, bars/yoke, wheels, various bits powder coated and an array of new bits as well as a damn good service....brake lines, pads, fluids, stacks, jack up kit etc etc TBH I'm a bit bored with it right now and need to find my mojo again, plus I need to get my Ford Ka back on the road for my daily 100 mile commute to Uni.
Had a wee count up and I'm looking to spending about £1500 on the bike so will post progress pics up if I can be arsed or if anyone asks. I want my Blade to be a reflection on me...tight as fook, unwilling to compromise, colourful and good round the twisties (reference to the wife, you work it out).
Anyone else bedding their machine up for the winter soon?
CBR900rr Fireblade
tony.mon

Re: SORN

Post by tony.mon »

No.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
boz

Post by boz »

tony.mon wrote:No.
:clap: :clap:
CBR900rr Fireblade
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My bikes run all year round otherwise I would be walking. :eek2 But I have big plans for the storm next year. Bodywork, frame and wheels respray mainly. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

What bike is it boz? Iirc you said you didn't have a storm?
boz

Post by boz »

scott02464 wrote:What bike is it boz? Iirc you said you didn't have a storm?
Got a '99 Blade now. Red but soon to be blue/white/black
CBR900rr Fireblade
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cant be arsed to sorn it and mess about with road tax etc. i like a spin out on a nice bright winters day. knowing the uk weather it will probably be about 70 degrees next feb.

look forward to seeing your progress :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Mine will be getting put away when they start gritting the roads .
I don't have much planned for it over winter other than a good service and a deep clean and new tyres .
Next winter it will be a full strip and rebuild with a newer engine and a paint job if money is available
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

....and then it will be the era of Kermit the bike!! Is Green quicker than Black at the moment? Or will that transition only occur when the first coats of Green land on the panels? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
rob...

Post by rob... »

wot he sed.

taking your bike off the road for winter is ghey as fukk.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:....and then it will be the era of Kermit the bike!! Is Green quicker than Black at the moment? Or will that transition only occur when the first coats of Green land on the panels? :lol:
If its to fast the paint will just run off lol

I think it will be slower as I wont want to damage it :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think it will be slower as I wont want to damage it :-)
That is always the worry. Plenty of crash bungs in the right places is a good idea. They do work, look at BSM's :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

boz wrote:
scott02464 wrote:What bike is it boz? Iirc you said you didn't have a storm?
Got a '99 Blade now. Red but soon to be blue/white/black
That's one of the best shaped blades IMO love that shape!
boz

Post by boz »

rob... wrote:
wot he sed.

taking your bike off the road for winter is ghey as fukk.
Up here in sconnie botland its mental not to. Last time I rode right through the winter in 2009 was an experience I'll never forget. Despite heated grips, expensive gloves and thermal everything, it was horrendous. I had to sell the bike come spring after assessing the damage done by the salt and weather. Winter 2010 was down to -17 where I live and that was warm compared to the Highlands. Most days were at least -5 and I did not see a single bike on the road during these times....not a single one. Mine is coming of early as I want to start on the transformation plus I'm getting bored with racing, sorry destroying gay juggler Audis...its getting dangerous and I need to get a grip :lol: :lol: :lol:
CBR900rr Fireblade
rob...

Post by rob... »

obviously you can't ride safely at -17, or in 3 feet of snow, but not every day between september and march is like that. i'm sure that scotlands roads are fantastic on a sunny, dry december afternoon....... 8)
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.