Bennett's insurance

General Bike chat
jpickup

Bennett's insurance

Post by jpickup »

Just got my insurance renewal from The Insurance Line, they are asking for £435. Decided to look around and Bennett's are quoting £117. I can't see anything wrong but just can't believe this quote.

Anyone got a good or bad experience with Bennett's?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I've been with Bennetts loads of times. I tend to shop around and go with the best deals at the time. I 've never had a problem with them and they've always been quite efficient and friendly when ever I've needed to contact them.
Just my personal opinion though, take out legal protection as well. If anything should happen you'll be glad you've got it.

Pete.l
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

I'm with as well, always the cheapest by far, never had the need to claim so fingers crossed.

Phil
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
jpickup

Post by jpickup »

Thanks for that. Have just taken out the insurance and added legal cover as you suggested (only another £25).

I still can't believe the quote though... you know the saying "If something is too good to be true then it usually is"? Maybe this is the exception...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
They're a big company and they've been around for a while. S why waste your dosh :wink:
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i use bennetts and they quoted £94 for last year.excellent!! :D
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Nothing wrong with bennets, just check they have all the details correct and they are quoting you for the required cover, I've used them for both my VTR and my bonneville (£127 and £78!! respectivley). Never claimed but good service and free puncture assistance.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Syntec4

Post by Syntec4 »

I was with them in 02 when I was knocked off my Diversion by a drink driver. He pulled out of the pub car park Straight into me. I was being followed by my father in law on his bonny, he called the ambulance and the police. Guy was breath tested and blew an amber. The police let him go :evil:
My Father in law had his camera and took loads of pictures. We had a driving instructor as a witness also.
The Police sent me a NIP for Due care?!!! The claimed that I had plenty of time to see the guy pulling out on me (drunk) and should have stopped. He said he didn't see me, despite me wearing my RoSPA vest, white lid and dip headlight on.
Anyway 6 months later the cops backed down and offered the driver a Driver training course or a day out at court. he took the course and the police sent me a letter saying he was 'sufficiently blame worthy'. No points or anything.
Bennets also recieved a copy of the letter. Almost 3 years on I have never had a penny and bennets claim they dont know where the other party lives. Despite have a letter from the police with his adress on it. They tell me they have sent several letters to his insurance and they have not responded, so they cannot do anything. :cry:
The whole thing has cost me about £4k in a lost bike, kit, and a month off work with smashed legs.
I went with Bennets (and paid extra for legal cover) because they were I think£50 cheaper at the time.
Are they worth the £50 saving :cry:

DONT GO NEAR THEM.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I'm with Carole Nash at the moment. Was with Bennetts, but they got too expensive. It annoyed me when they sent a renewal letter saying they had researched the market and the cheapest they can find is £whatever and with a couple of phone calls I can reduce their best shot by 25% or so!.
I've used Bennetts lots, mainly with cars. From what Syntec says I'll steer clear in future.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

My best quote/ policy was through Adrian Flux/ Bikesure. Beat everyone hands down. enough for me to (almost) think of going fully comp. :lol:
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Yella.............im with Flux too, always been very helpfull, no problems.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

We've got two cars and a camper van with Adrain Flux. They're brilliant for modified and kit cars. Never tried them for bikes, but I'll give em a call next time round.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.