Operation Storm-Destination Derbyshire III-7th-9th Sept 2012

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Ckennedy

Re: Operation Storm-Destination Derbyshire III-7th-9th Sept

Post by Ckennedy »

Who was it that wanted the templates of the number boards? I'm think when I manage to race them if I post the trace to the right bloke it saves faffing with computers and measurments. If darkember could trace his number board on the front too then there would be the choice of the shorter one which I have, comes up to the screen or the one he has that goes up the screen. The one I want :p
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It was me :-)
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Thanks everyone for a great day out :D pity about the later part of the ride of course :(
It was great to see some new faces, and it goes without saying, it's always great to see the regular ones, thanks geodude for organizing it all.
Also thanks to the Markers for standing thier ground, Well done guys, It made my life a lot easier for me on the sections that I was leading.
Hope you all enjoed it, and hope to see you all again soon, keep in touch :thumbup:

Oh, partygirl and partner, don't forget to let me know when you're free to do the ride we where talking about, I'm uaually free on Saturdays, try to avoid Sundays, to many k**b heads out, I'm lucky enough to have a brilliant shift pattern so I can also get out on Thursdays and Fridays, Thursday preffered :D :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

lloydiecbr wrote:It was me :-)

Thought it was but couldn't quite remember. Pm me your house address and when I have traced them I shall send them in the post so you have the actural thing.
NOBLEVTR

Post by NOBLEVTR »

what a day out, brilliant weather and loads of storms rumbling through derbyshire, thanks to geodude for the organisation. sorry to hear someone broke down who was it and what went wrong ? . Hope you all enjoyed our great derbyshire roads, can,t wait for the next run, cheers everyone. :thumbup:
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Great day thanks to all involved :clap: , fantastic seeing so many storms together and the sound of mine and Al's bike along the A625 was a harmony that should be on x-factor :) Snakepass would be better if cars were banned :lol: . Sorry we had to bail at Buxton but time was getting on and had to be back for little Diabolus, A6 was good then fish and chips at m/b and took the B5053 via Crich to avoid the traffic on the way home. heres a few pics

Red was more common followed by Black :thumbup:
What was wrong with your bike Benny :?: :?: :?:
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Thanks to those who organised yesterday :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent weather, route and company !

Mr. John
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Diabolus wrote:What was wrong with your bike Benny :?: :?: :?:
hopefully its just an intermittent electrical problem.
it was plaguing me all day on & off but as you saw, when it was going it went well.
it went again on the way home. :Ball Kick:

i found a loose connection on the battery - fixed that and it ran ok.
then went again and i found a broken wire on the power commander ground, fixed that and it went ok.
then on the way back was ok until i gave it beans halfway down c&f then every time i accelerate hard or hit a bump in the road, the FI light comes on and it cuts the fuel or ignition, or both - not sure yet.

its in the garage atm with all the plastics off for a good check over.
mechanically its fine, its just something loose somewhere but i havent found it yet lol.
another common fail on these is the 'start solenoid' which doesnt work the starter as you would expect, but operates the fuel pump.... it's situated under the rear cowl and on mine it does float about a bit so its possibly that.
that would give the FI warning.
its also got a tilt switch which cuts the fuel after an off, but im pretty sure when tht kicks in you have to reset the immobiliser - i did in innsbruck anyway when i dropped it.
other possibilities....
clutch switch - as the clutch has been a bit iffy lately
sidestand switch.... just because it only does this when i hit a bump.
battery connections - as im using my oversize firestorm battery - i'll refit the sp battery in a bit.

stumped lol!

* oh yeh, also found that the wire that broke yesterday (i thought it went to the alarm but after snipping the cable ties off i can see its the earth for the pc3) looks like the broken wire is a bit crushed too so it may be broken somewhere inside the insulation so ive just cut it back and replaced it with a new wire.

im guessing that turning the power commander on and off all day has borked the mapping... so i'll reload it in a bit.
been meaning to wipe it anyway to install the accelerator pump mod and try a different map ive modded on the laptop.....
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Home now :thumbup: Great weekend and thanks to everyone why attended for making it such fun :D

Geo thanks for organising and more importantly being the back marker, thanks to Kev for showing us the roads up past Chatsworth house, that was far better than the A6 option, but we do need to tell people that we are lapping the magic roundabout a few times for fun, as we always manage to loose people when we do that :lol: Sorry about that Tasum :(

Hope party girl and hubby found the A6 ok, you went straight on at the crossroads, but I ment for you to go left into town ctr :?

Need more people camping at the Vic, next time, the nights and mornings are as much fun as the riding :D
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
adyf

Post by adyf »

Just home,rang shaun hé is fine ,big thanks to allistair+ geodude top men.it was a rare pleasure to meet so many great guys ,storm owners are a dying breed not like the tossers on R1s etc.looking forward to the next one ,if you want roads you can always come to yorkshire,we are quite friendly,honest!cheerz adyf
Last edited by adyf on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

benny hedges wrote:great ride but bike let me down a bit today lol :Ball Kick:
was a very long and tedious ride back at 15-20mph spluttering all the way :thumbdown:
should be back on the storm for the next one :thumbup:
Stop spluttering and talk properly then :roll: :roll: :roll:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Back and cream crackered

Thanks to all especially those that organised it

I was very impressed with the camp site, Awesome

Adyf, great route back buddy!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

geodude wrote:Image
Good picture :thumbup: Now where is the one with all the bikes?
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

Flatline was the photographer for the day.

Come on Phil get ur butt in gear. I need those photos for the vids :)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories