Operation Storm-Destination Derbyshire III-7th-9th Sept 2012

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VTR Marmite

Re: Operation Storm-Destination Derbyshire III-7th-9th Sept

Post by VTR Marmite »

Hi guys, I would firstly just like to thank everyone for their help and support on Saturday it really helped me stop feeling sorry for myself. I have been to the farmers field to collect my bike today, and was really pleased to find a bike still there to collect. It is now home in the garage awaiting a right good spannering. I am feeling extremely lucky having only sustained a bruised left wrist, elbow ,hip and butt cheek and a slightly battered ego which are all repairable. I feel extremely lucky to have been in the company that I was and cannot express the gratitude I feel towards you all for your support.

I must say that up until the point i landed on my butt I found myself having a great time from the quiet Friday night at the Vic with Bazza, Wil, Alistair ( who scared me to death giving me a lift to the C&F pub after the accident 8O ), Ady and Neil, to meeting up with all the other people who joined us at the Vic on Saturday morning, and in Belper and Matlock. I hope I can sort the bike out and see you all again on the next outing, whenever it may be.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i've never met you buddy, but i'm glad to hear your ok and that your being positive, i have a screen and indicators if you need them, let us know what you need buddy.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VTR Marmite wrote: Alistair ( who scared me to death giving me a lift to the C&F pub after the accident 8O ),.
Sorry about that, but the bike was feeling quite planted with the the extra weight and the shock wound up to full, so I didn't want to waste those nice corners on the C&F......front wheel was a bit light though :D

Glad you are ok and the bike is back in the garage waiting for phase 2. Good to meet you :thumbup:
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Glad to hear your OK Marmite. Stick a parts list up and you could be surprised with what members have lying around in their sheds. :wink: As long as your frame and forks are good, the rest is just panels and bits. :thumbup:
I didn't want to waste those nice corners on the C&F......front wheel was a bit light though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

cybercarl wrote:CheekyKev thanks for the pic I nicked it to lust over :lol: That's a very nice bike, very nice indeed. How big are those Akras 8O
On most bikes the correct length of Akrapovics are between 450mm to 475mm, but for the SP2 and Aprilia they’re 500mm long, apparently they have to be that long to cope with the gasses and work properly :thumbup:
Unfortunately Akrapovics don’t make them anymore :Cry: you can get a set of generic ones 500mm long, but they no longer make the link pipes :Cry1: needless to say they’re now very hard to get hold of, more chance of finding some rocking horse s**t, or hens teeth :(
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Glad to hear your alright and not to down about the matter. Would have been nicer if your forks were not bent. I'll keep my eyes open for a pair for you.
tasum

Post by tasum »

well done marmite, it will be a good story to tell in the future once you're bike's all sorted.

look after yourself :D
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

nice to meet up with you again Shaun and happy your only bruised, did the missus give you much grief on the way back.

Thanks to everyone for a great time and especially Al, George and Kev for leading/ rear gunning.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

If any one is interested this was the modified route with CheekyKevs scenic diversion to avoid the A6 :thumbup:

http://goo.gl/maps/mIkYK

as we were running out of daylight we cut out the section from I to J to H, and did the C&F back again to Buxton after Shauns accident. Took about 20 miles out of the loop, but was still dark before we got off the A50
AMcQ
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

where exactly did marmite come off?
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Diabolus wrote:where exactly did marmite come off?

point B on the attached
http://goo.gl/maps/BofJV
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that low wall doesn't look very inviting :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

or approaching the 'twisty' road sign at the wrong angle and at a rate of knots *eeek*
bigspanishmarty wrote:that low wall doesn't look very inviting :eek2
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Glad your ok Marmite, what happened go in a bit too hot ?
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
adyf

Post by adyf »

so pleased to hear your ok buddy,sounds like the forum members will have you back on the road fairly soon,renews your faith in people eh?i really enjoyed your company mate it was great riding with you ,hopefully you'll be back soon.all the best ady f.