New to the Vtr

General Bike chat
rockape34

New to the Vtr

Post by rockape34 »

Hi folks Iam new to the VTR experience- great bike but slightly dissapointed by the backfiring of my F3 VTR. I have traded from a ducati Supersport to the Vtr and Iam starting to question the hondas reliability as I never had these problems with ducati.....ducati role reversal or what??? that said, Iam going to persevere, apart from that the bikes great in every other respect.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

rockape34

Post by rockape34 »

Thanks for that I'll give it some investigation and cure this one way or the other as its a great bike otherwise. I may upgrade to a new exhaust system in the near future, any tips?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Exhausts
there are so many to choose from. have look around the gallery and see what you like. Unless you go full race there isn't a lot of difference in proformance gains. If you are staying road leagal it's mainly sound and looks.
:D Welcome onboard :D by the way
pete
Bink

Post by Bink »

When was the last carn balance done on the bike?
My bike stopped back firing after a carb tune... and was much smoother too.
rockape34

Post by rockape34 »

the bike is 14 months old and has only done 900 miles. Iam intending to get it seen to under warranty, unfortunately it means a 40 mile trip. TY for the thought.
Martin

Post by Martin »

If you mean a ride across to Hull or Harrogate for your nearest Honda dealers...try giving Stuart Rafferty a call. He's on the Raylor Centre on James Street. He was the service manager at Alan Mountains before it became Kingsports. A top bloke.Tel: 01904 423339
Might see you around...what colour is your bike? I'm on a black one wearing a James Haydon Rep lid.
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
Hooner

Post by Hooner »

rockape34 wrote:the bike is 14 months old and has only done 900 miles. Iam intending to get it seen to under warranty, unfortunately it means a 40 mile trip. TY for the thought.
I to was a bit worried by the cutting out and misfire when my "02" was first new, but after the 4k service and a carb balance as well as the breather pipe mod ( plus a couple of thou in the mileage dept) the problem has almost disappeared now...i only get the od misfire on tickover....I think its a combination of a new tight engine and the obvious little misshap from honda in the breathing dept for the engine.....these are BIG carbs that need good airflow.... 8O
it also got better when i put a pair of pipes on..... :twisted:
trust me it does get better.......
Hooner
Ride it like ya stole it !