numbers on bikes...

General Bike chat
alternative_vtr

Re: numbers on bikes...

Post by alternative_vtr »

I know insurance companies are not too chuffed, if you have an accident and someone says you are speeding if you have numbers on then they take a dim view, this was the case with a friend of mine.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's discrimination. :( It's like saying if your Black then your a mugger. :shifty: or if your bikes Red it's faster.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well we all know insurance is all legalised illegal acts, like extortion and as you say discrimination. I reckon you should get your money back if you don't make a claim. As a thank you for not costing them money. But hey, we can all dream

Post by Image »

Can't see numbers being a problem. Cars get away with it so why not bikes.
s for which number I'd go with '7' which was Barry Sheenes number, or '46' which is Rossi's.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I think out of those 2 numbers I'd have to pick 7 as everyone has rossi's number. I had 7 in my mind as a serious thought but do not know why. Don't know if I could put 69 on mine in all seriousness :s :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

666 for me if i put them on :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Tempting. Or even just 999 for the hell of it :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now 999 is asking for trouble. :lol: and not from from the old bill.

88 or for Lloydie it should be 11 :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I'd vote for number 3.

why? Well thats an easy one to answer:

Simply the best.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

years ago having numbers on your car/bike was a no no, because they were considered racing numbers which meant tou were going to race on the road. but over the years common sense seems to have been applied and i've not heard of a police officer nicking someone for have racing numbers on there bike, having said that, if you were caught giving it the beans racing against another motor the police might use this against you.
personally i love the look of numberboards on a storm, you could always go with 58 and pay your respects to super sic/sideshow bob
if you can get the numberboards made up for a reasonable price, let us know, i wouldn't mind having them on my bike.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

58 isn't a bad choice. Hadn't thought of that. The number boars were already on my bike when I for it bit me and lloydie are going to have a good at replacating them. So we might be able to sort you out a set.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

69 is very very chav. The chav at work even has it on the back of his England shirt, ewww.
Rossi 46 is just to common and lacks imagination, a big 58 I don't think would go right I do have the small 58 on the bikes.

No problems with using numbers on bikes at all, you can use an road legal enduro bike with numbers on the road no problems, they also sell new cars with numbers on number boards like that new beetle a few years ago herbie rep thing.
A joey number 3 would look great, 7 should only be on the suzuki race reps imo,
I did like the number 4 dovi had on his repsol
Perhaps you could do your initials in numbers like the hells angels - 81 etc

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

That's it then 69 is out of the question :lol:

That's not a bag idea with the numbers for your initials. Mine wouldn't woke though. 3 and 11. Unless I wanted a 3 digit number haha.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Why don't you try V2 on your board, or v2, it's different, imaginative and will look the part, if you get any miether from anyone you can say it means V twin as the bike is, even more so with a small v :thumbup:
Don't know if you noticed or not, if you didn't you must be blind :lol: I had a number on mine on Saturday, it passed an MOT with them on 2 weeks ago, I'm sure they would have warned me if there was a problem.
By the way it was a lot easier to pick mine coz it's a 2002 Colin Edwards rep, no brainer :idea:

Oh, I did take the head light cover off for the MOT :D

Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote:58 isn't a bad choice. Hadn't thought of that. The number boars were already on my bike when I for it bit me and lloydie are going to have a good at replacating them. So we might be able to sort you out a set.
let me know how you guys get on, if i'm honest i'd be happy with rear boards, not to fussed about the front, white or black, of if it could be done, white with a black border or vice versa.
good luck with it guys.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!