what is it this time

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dave09

what is it this time

Post by dave09 »

after sorting the popping prolem on my bike [air leak] the bike had been running fine with no problems for couple weeks ride in to work this moring it was fine. then on the way home it was running lumpy. On idle the revs keeped dropping down then if you open it up on bypass it will go but seems really flat wonder if running on one cyclinder and at stand still i have a slight pop back again.
im worried when i die my wife will sell my bike for what i said i payed for it
VTRDark

Re: what is it this time

Post by VTRDark »

Did you sync the carbs after replacing the rubber? If it was running on one cylinder you would know as it would really be rough. By the sounds of it the idle is dropping below the set idle speed and then creeping back up which would indicate the bike is running a bit rich. If you did not do a carb sync then that would be a good place to start. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
dave09

Post by dave09 »

no i didnt sync them once i done those rubbers the bike has gone like stink even this moring run perfect i use the bike everyday for work do around 900miles a month had no problem with it till today starting to wonder if the carbs need a good clean as im a hovercraft engineer we tested a craft in the car park giving it a thrust test then my boss decided to take it round the car park and my bike was covered in so much dust i wonder if the force of the fan drove it up into the air box gonna pull it apart in work shop tomo do couple checks
im worried when i die my wife will sell my bike for what i said i payed for it
darkember

Post by darkember »

Check your air filter is clean