Jetting specs Microns, stock filter

General Bike chat
mik_str

Jetting specs Microns, stock filter

Post by mik_str »

Hello everyone,

I just received the oval low-mount Micron slip-ons that I purchased on eBay. They are in mint shape and I can't wait to install them on my 99 Storm. I will get the cans themselves powdercoated black prior to installing them for a different look (should go well with the bike's midnight blue colour). As I will be using the stock air filter (based on advice from a knowledgeable speed shop; mostly looking for a boost in the mid-range and was told that K&N would not offer any real benefits in this range) and have a Dynojet kit on order, I was wondering if any of you could provide info as to jetting settings for this set-up. I could get it set-up on the dyno but would like to try it without this expense if possible. Incidentally, I am in Montreal, Canada which is located roughly at sea level. One last thing, anyone have an idea what ind of gains I can expect (low-end, mids, top)? Cheers and keep the rubber side down :)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Mik
sorry can't help you bud :oops:
The US dyno jet kit is different from the UK one, it has different springs and stuff in it and I don't now if t will have the same settings. Also is your Micron road or race spec?. Over here we normally fit 170's mains on the road pipes and 190's on full race. Is the Canadian spec bike the same as UK or US or do you have your own Spec?
We'll help if we can but you need to sort out the pipe type and bike spec first.
Good Luck
Pete.l
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Hello Pete,

thanks for the reply. I believe my Microns are the race pipes (bought them off eBay so not sure but the outlet hle is about 2" dia and I see no special baffle present). In so far as the bike is concerned, we in Canada get the Firestorm, not the Superhawk as our neighbours to the South do. I believe the specs are the same as the UK model.

cheers
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Cool!
None of that PAIR Evap sh!t blocking it up then. :lol:
Try Mains 190, needle clip in the fourth groove from the top and mixture about 2 1/4 turns out from full in.
I've not set up a micron full race but it should be a good starting point.
Keep an eye on the plug colour and fine tune acordingly :lol:

Pete.l
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Thanks Pete,

I believe my bike may have the PAIR system but I know it doesn't ahve the charcoal canister and the rest of that stuff (like the California bikes do).

Really appreciate the help.