Braided Hoses

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
curly

Braided Hoses

Post by curly »

Hi,
I fitted Goodridge Braided hoses to my Storm today,Excellent!
I can really feel the difference, loads more power.
I also cleaned the brake pistons with cotton buds and brake fluid so this improved things as well.
Well worth doing.

Curly.
Fester

Hoses

Post by Fester »

Glad to hear your brakes are now better :D

Have considered fitting em to mine, but as mine are relatively new (done 7500 miles since August last year) I wonder whether I'd actually benefit, ie would I notice any difference?

Keen to hear any thoughts :wink:
fester
Badger

Post by Badger »

I'd be interested to know as well, mines two years old, 7k miles, not sure if I spend money on brakes, or engine armour/crash bungs. :?:

I know it makes sense to spend money on saftey related items, but my mate dropped his storm @ 10 mph, pulling off the drive in the wet after fitting new tyres. :oops:

Broken collar bone, broken fairing, clutch cover, brake lever & brake pedal. 8O
curly

Post by curly »

Hi,
Mines a'98 model so the old hoses were due to be renewed.
Got my braided ones from Ebay, £62-50 for a full set of three from a guy called Gixxerwes, boxed and all to the right length from Goodridge.
I don't know how much difference it would make to a newer Storm but mines great now!

Curly.
faz

Post by faz »

I don't frequent this forum as much. I just saw this post and had to say it was one of the best mods I did to my 02 superhawk. I changed the lines to Galfer stainless steel and the front pads to EBC HH pads. Totally different feel, and MUCH better performance.

If I were to buy a new superhawk out of the showroom, i would change the brakes on the first day.
Faz
San Jose, CA Email

Ride Safe!
Rich.Hodges

Post by Rich.Hodges »

Just to add to that, I got some braided hoses from Spectrum hoses in High wycombe. They make them, and I think they then get badged as goodridge, or another top mark. Not sure, however they are superb and I would also fit them to a new bike out of the showrioom. Get some!!!
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Replaced mine as part of fitting higher bars. Its an '02 bike and had done about 8kmiles. Can't say I've noticed any difference.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
BigD

Post by BigD »

Same here. I think they are better, but not sure. Maybe haven't bled the brakes properly or changing pads may make a bigger difference.