Poor Condition

General Bike chat
slipper 1

Re: Poor Condition

Post by slipper 1 »

Sounds like it is time to get legal with him. What does the paint scheme have to do with working on it? Sounds like you have been fleeced at £1400 to get a knackered engine back. Have a chat with Trading Standards.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Can we not get the other side of this story?

I've dealt with Roger in the past and he's been really helpful.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

darkember

Post by darkember »

To be honest I don't know this mechanic either, but to run a newly rebuilt engine 20 times on a dyno seems very excessive & I would be going loopy on that point alone. Were any oil changes done during the dyno tests??
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Were any oil changes done during the dyno tests??
Even so, you wouldn't want to go full speed on a dyno until the big ends have been run in for a few hundred miles. Unless of course it was low speed/cruise dyno runs if there's such a thing. :lol:

I find it all very strange that someone with such a good reputation has treated a customer like this, and WTF has the colour or dirt on your bike got to do with having any mechanical work done on the bike, unless it was said in jest :confused very bizarre correspondence there.

I personally would not have coughed up any cash unless I was happy to begin with. But if Pariah and Roger cannot come to some sort of agreement over this then it's a case for trading standards. He's paid for work that is unsatisfactory!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Wtf, i have never heard of anything like this, i suggest visiting him even if he is a vtr god and sound him out, take him to the small claims court, easy to do if what your saying is all true.
She told me she was 16.
pariah

Post by pariah »

cybercarl wrote:
Were any oil changes done during the dyno tests??
Even so, you wouldn't want to go full speed on a dyno until the big ends have been run in for a few hundred miles. Unless of course it was low speed/cruise dyno runs if there's such a thing. :lol:

I find it all very strange that someone with such a good reputation has treated a customer like this, and WTF has the colour or dirt on your bike got to do with having any mechanical work done on the bike, unless it was said in jest :confused very bizarre correspondence there.

I personally would not have coughed up any cash unless I was happy to begin with. But if Pariah and Roger cannot come to some sort of agreement over this then it's a case for trading standards. He's paid for work that is unsatisfactory!

The biggest problem here Is I was reccommended to use roger from another vtr owner on here , I was convinced I was going to get my bike fixed so it would last me many years to come when I get better. I was told that it would be a good as new.
As the bike was delivered back to me, I had no way of running it before it left his place. Due to my condition at the time it came back, I was'nt really interested in the bike , dont get me wrong I was sso pleased tohave it back even just to look at when the cover came off. I relied on his trustworthyness and honesty that it would be fine having spoken and explained what was wrong with the bike in the first place.The money was paid over by bank transfer directly into his account.

I did speak to roger on sunday and asked if it could have been the dyno testers that blow the engine up then brought it back with out saying any thing. But he stated the bike was fine when it left his place. The dyno paper has no details of any bike apart from it being a VTR1000. No mileage or regestration, so this could be of any bike .:confused
I,m so pissed of with this on top of what i,m going through at the moment . Living like this on a pitence , then having to give some one £1400 of which I had to borrow the additional 400 for nothing make me so bloody angry. :evil: :evil: :evil:
As for to sides of the story, there AINT. It's simple, I paid for him to repair the engine, now it's come back with the engine in a worse condition . The conditon of the bike is irelevant to the real issue here. :Argue:
pariah

Post by pariah »

TonyW650

Post by TonyW650 »

Sounds like a trading standards job.
You've got receipts for all work carried out?
you've got mot stating mileage then and now, 30 miles
from what your saying Pariah you can prove that you've not been able to ride it on medical grounds, so the 30 miles must have been done by garage.
All work has to have a Warranty doesn't it?

Have a look at the link, its trading standards, goods and services act 1982, believe it will come under this as its one I've used before on a motorbike shop, when they fubard one of my bikes, I know its for kent but applies anyway
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/kent ... rvices.pdf

yours looks in better condition than mine!
pariah

Post by pariah »

Thanks for that link tony, I forgot to mention that along with the actual cost of repairs. It cost me nearly £200 to get it delivered and fetched back.
I think that he is actually thinking that i,m going to pay to send it back for him to strip it and quote me for any work it requires, then pay to have it delivered back again. Oh and I now have to remove all the body work if I send it back . FFS I carnt even work due to my condition so how am I meant to go and remove parts of the bike :evil:

Yeah Right. so a grand total of £1600 and the engine wombles and the bike is unrideable. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

Ive dealt with Roger many times now, and I have to say he has to be one of the best mechanics Ive come across, infact he's pretty much a legend when it comes to VTR's including Sp1/2's, so forgive me for saying this, but I find it very hard to believe its all one sided here!

Id advise you speak to him and organise the bike to go back for repairs which Im sure he is more than willing to do instead of starting a hate mob on an internet forum!
pariah

Post by pariah »

[quote="nora2004"

Id advise you speak to him and organise the bike to go back for repairs which Im sure he is more than willing to do instead of starting a hate mob on an internet forum![/quote] 8O

I have spoken to him hence some of his comments that came back to me, and NO i,m not trying to start a hate mob so you can stop comments like that. I have the right to speak freely on here regarding my problem with my bike. If you dont like what I have to say about spending money and not getting my bike fixed then thats your opinion . It's like I said, some people will agree with roger. but like I said before, YOUR NOT THE ONE WITH A F****D Bike AND £1600 out of pocket .
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

So what exactly are you expecting?

What is it you want to resolve this matter?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

A fixed bike is what I'd be wanting
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

lloydiecbr wrote:A fixed bike is what I'd be wanting
So then take it back!

Seems alot of shouting over a very very simple solution, return the bike, bike gets fixed, sorted?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

starting a hate mob on an internet forum!
I wont hate someone because somebody else has had a bad experience. It may sway me to have a more open view and if I was to use his services, possibly watch and check things more thoroughly. At the end of the day this is one bad experience against many positives. Just saying. :wink:

==============================Enter the Darkside