vtr problem

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dave09

vtr problem

Post by dave09 »

bike still running like crap [ish] can not find out why the bike is running like crap at bottom end/idle very lumpy jerky and revs drop right down and sounds like a bag on idle and tries to cut out and when i pulled in the fuel garage today i could smell burning and the same when i got home could this be the regulator i did notice the other day when i put my indicator on the fuel light was flashing with it only done it once.
also think i may need a new clutch when i change gear i can hardly feel it and its only biting at more or less the very end on letting go of the lever.
im worried when i die my wife will sell my bike for what i said i payed for it
tony.mon

Re: vtr problem

Post by tony.mon »

Meter out the reg/rec and hope that it hasn't taken the battery out with it.
Have a look in the Workshop Knowledgebase section for advice with the RR.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Re: vtr problem

Post by VTRDark »

With regards to reg/rec sounds like it's overcharging, as Tony said multimeter out to verify. If it is overcharging there's a good chance it would have damaged the battery too. If you do need a new R/R you can pick up CBR 125 R/R's on ebay pretty cheap and they are a direct replacement.
bike still running like crap [ish] can not find out why the bike is running like crap at bottom end/idle very lumpy jerky and revs drop right down and sounds like a bag on idle and tries to cut out
Did you get the carbs off and give them a clean. I re-call you mentioning a hovercraft and sand or something. Basically I think your carbs need cleaning, TPS adjusted on the carbs http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... or#p222504 while the carbs are off and apart check what the jetting is and adjust the mixture. Put carbs back together and back on the bike and sync the carbs. That should sort you out. Basically it needs tuning.

With the clutch, if I was you I would start with bleeding it. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside