Paddock Stand?

General Bike chat
Boubepo

Paddock Stand?

Post by Boubepo »

Can anyone recommend a decent make/model paddock stand for a VTR.

I'm looking to get something reasonably cheap, that I can hopefully use on other bikes as well as the Storm.

I'm looking for a rear stand but would consider a set [front & rear] if the price isn't ridiculous
Wicky

Re: Paddock Stand?

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Murv

Post by Murv »

Another +1 on the Abba stand. Not cheap though, and you need to buy the adapters for specific bikes.
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

I was just looking at this but thought I'd bash it around here first

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

+1 on the abba stand, and i bought aone of those headstock stands from germany for my mate, very good it is to..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

The Abba stand looks a good bit of kit, only problem is - I have a couple of other bikes and Abba don't make the adaptor kit for them
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The problem with paddock stands, especially the cheaper ones, is that it's very easy for the bike to topple other when putting the bike on one, unless you have two people. Also a lot of them are specific to a bike model.

+ whatever we are up to on the Abba stand, that's what I use. They cost a bit more but they hold the bike very stable and are easy to use on your own. You can also buy different adapters to fit other model bikes. So it's one stand fits all, with the right adapter. You can also mod them to pivot of the engine mounting with a 17mm socket, which allows you to remove the swingarm. Don't buy the optional swingarm kit that Abba sell as it don't work with the storm. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Boubepo wrote:I was just looking at this but thought I'd bash it around here first

got one of them - does pretty much everything I need, and it is pretty sturdy
Wildfire Mk2

Post by Wildfire Mk2 »

Well I cant speak for others experiences but I picked up a cheapy at the bike show (£25 iirc) and never had any issues with it - I use an offcut of decking to stand the bike on (makes it a bit more vertical but not too much to make it wobbly) then straight up on the paddock stand :thumbup:
It is only used inside the shed for storage and chain adjustment and the like so not been too bashed around and is lasting well enough.
chric

Post by chric »

wheres best place for the abba stand then
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
pete1781

Post by pete1781 »

I was lucky and got my abba stand second hand for 40 squid, don't look on ebay, try gumtree or local classifieds, thing is its a tool you'll use as long as you have a bike so not many come up for sale :-( just a thought about them not making adaptors for other bikes, you would mostly just need some little bits turned to go between the standard abba fittings and your bikes swingarm, a decent little engineering firm will do this sort of thing for a reasonable price, then theres no reason why you couldn't use abba for any application, so +1, theyre so ready to use and stable, you'll never look back :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yes eBay is not good for Abba's they seem to hold their price to the point of one may as buy new direct from Abba stands. http://www.abbastands.co.uk/ otherwise it's a case of getting lucky.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside