New "clock" fitted

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
tasum

New "clock" fitted

Post by tasum »

my first attempt to put a clock back on my bike after losing my honda one on the Derbyshire rideout. :cry:

got a bit grinder happy and took a little too much off the left of the kydex bracket, so may have another go. it was easier getting the handles off the cheapo casio than i thought it would be. seems nice and sturdy. :thumbup:

cheers for looking. :D
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
agentpineapple

Re: New "clock" fitted

Post by agentpineapple »

personally i'd just use some black tac, and stick it to the top yoke, it won't fall off with black tac, probably wouldn't be very waterproof tho.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tasum

Post by tasum »

bigspanishmarty wrote:personally i'd just use some black tac, and stick it to the top yoke, it won't fall off with black tac, probably wouldn't be very waterproof tho.... :lol:
my original clock was velcroed onto the yoke, think my keys knocked it off, that's why this one's away from my keys and not so obvious to anyone looking at the bike :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tasum wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:personally i'd just use some black tac, and stick it to the top yoke, it won't fall off with black tac, probably wouldn't be very waterproof tho.... :lol:
my original clock was velcroed onto the yoke, think my keys knocked it off, that's why this one's away from my keys and not so obvious to anyone looking at the bike :D
i never thought of keys knocking it off... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's a very neat job you have done there and looks part of the dash. Well done :clap: :clap: The only thing I don't like about is that it looks a bit too much like a digital watch and the numbers are a bit small. Has it got a light.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It shouldn't be too hard for someone to come up with a bolt-on that shows the time in the odometer display window.

But looking good, if you're good at looking.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tasum

Post by tasum »

cybercarl wrote:That's a very neat job you have done there and looks part of the dash. Well done :clap: :clap: The only thing I don't like about is that it looks a bit too much like a digital watch and the numbers are a bit small. Has it got a light.

next version will cover the watch a bit more, but i wanted to be able to push the light button. don't think i can get a gloved hand in there, but it seems visible enuf in daylight, cos of the dark screen. we'll see what it's like when i'm out next :D
Last edited by tasum on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It shouldn't be too hard for someone to come up with a bolt-on that shows the time in the odometer display window.
That reminds me. How about a gear position indicator in the dash.

This is one that Tweety on the hawk site was working on but yet to put out in production to the masses. http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/ev ... est-24212/The whole thread is a very interesting read.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Handy if you've got an 8-speed gearbox???
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's just the led number board so any configuration can be made from it. It's not lit in the pic. :)

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that looks the nuts, i'd have one of those gpi all day long.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!