My Local Motorcycle shop.

General Biker Banter
Phimosis

My Local Motorcycle shop.

Post by Phimosis »

As im sorting the brakes out (rear done) I (amcq) discovered my front was quite sticky, so with medium amounts of vigor I strode into my local MC store and requested proudly (as Im doing the work myself :lol: ) a small tube of copper grease and an aerosol of brake cleaner....bloke scratches his head....dont think I have either he said......you gotta be kidding me I mean I was gonna ask for some spark plugs too.....what a shower, he did say he would order me some and it would be in next week..........F.O. :thumbdown:
She told me she was 16.
tasum

Re: My Local Motorcycle shop.

Post by tasum »

shame. but looking at your avatar are you sure you weren't after an airarsehole?
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

This is part of the reason no one bothers to look further than the internet. No one seems to keep anything in stock these days. I know its a bit of a vicious circle ( volume isn't selling because of online sellers, so they dont get stuff in. Then because they aint got it when we do want it, we go online.................) but I think theres no excuse for commonly used stuff. Same applies all over I'm afraid.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

For bit's like that go to your local independent car spares shop.

They won't have filters & plugs ect for bikes but sprays, tubs & tubes of 'gunks' they will have on the shelf.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

+1

If you haven't got a local Halfords store try these in future http://www.motor-world.co.uk

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&si ... d=0CAIQ5xg
MacV2 wrote:For bit's like that go to your local independent car spares shop.

They won't have filters & plugs ect for bikes but sprays, tubs & tubes of 'gunks' they will have on the shelf.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
seb421

Post by seb421 »

leevtr wrote:This is part of the reason no one bothers to look further than the internet. No one seems to keep anything in stock these days. I know its a bit of a vicious circle ( volume isn't selling because of online sellers, so they dont get stuff in. Then because they aint got it when we do want it, we go online.................) but I think theres no excuse for commonly used stuff. Same applies all over I'm afraid.
Every time i try a motorcycle store they don't have one thing or another that i went in for and they are not obscure parts, plugs / filters etc
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Try going to a Harley shop, they have everything in, right up to dog collars, but if you want a bike part you have to wait two weeks.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

StormingHonda wrote:Try going to a Harley shop, they have everything in, right up to dog collars, but if you want a bike part you have to wait two weeks.
then they want £120 for a battery. ( i think thats what you paid storming?)
last aerosol of brake cleaner i bought was from heine gerick in york (now shut) so i,m not sure where that takes the above debate ? :? :?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

lumpyv wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:Try going to a Harley shop, they have everything in, right up to dog collars, but if you want a bike part you have to wait two weeks.
then they want £120 for a battery. ( i think thats what you paid storming?)
last aerosol of brake cleaner i bought was from heine gerick in york (now shut) so i,m not sure where that takes the above debate ? :? :?
yeah it was about that.
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

My local bike shop has bloody everything. I went in for a brake lever once for a 14 year old ktm. They have 4 in stock and it was £4!

http://www.nutz4bikes.co.uk/
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs