Religion ??

General Biker Banter
leevtr

Re: Religion ??

Post by leevtr »

ChrisC wrote:Time for an old saying.....rather be on my bike thinking about God than sat in church thinking about my bike
I'd rather be on my bike thinking about minge, personally :thumbup:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

leevtr wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Time for an old saying.....rather be on my bike thinking about God than sat in church thinking about my bike
I'd rather be on my bike thinking about minge, personally :thumbup:
+1 :thumbup: or be riding the minge whilst riding the bike :lol: and thinking about a fuel stop
Boubepo

Post by Boubepo »

So does nobody here believe in baby Jesus? and hot cross buns and eatin turkey? - It's all true y'arl so lets not hear another word about a big bang or our forefathers being hairy @rse'd monkeys or fish!.

That fella Noah had a pair of VTR's on his boat and y'arl know it. So lets show some f@ckin faith and respect
seb421

Post by seb421 »

This is one i have stayed out of and probably will stay clear of,

I'm a firm believer in science but i wouldn't want to discredit anyone with the ability to have faith in a higher being

I have two good friends Tim and Phil who are brothers, they are devout christians attend every week etc, i asked them some time ago how old they believed the earth was, they said about 5 thousand years old, i said you what???

I said to them what about fossil fuels and diamonds and that they take millions of years of compression etc to be formed, they said no god made it like that!! :roll:

Thats the stuff i don't understand how can one have so much faith that it clouds their judgment and blindsides them from logical factual science

They also believed that we walked around with dinosaurs :wtf:

On the other hand my Turkish mate Hassan who is a Muslim his religious beliefs as to the earth make a lot more sense than christianity does!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Spent the day in Manchester yesterday with my son at the Manchester Science Fest. There was a guy called Peter Atkins who covered science and religion - book is On Being. Anyway, distil it out and thousands of years of religion has given the world nothing but stories and myth, a few hundred years if science has improved the lot of humanity immeasurably, and caused a few probs mind. But sh1t do we understand a lot more, and question more. That is good I reckon.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Maybe science could be labelled as a religion and the deity being the universe itself.

Wasn't we walking with dinosaurs on TV :roll: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote:Maybe science could be labelled as a religion and the deity being the universe itself.

Wasn't we walking with dinosaurs on TV :roll: :lol:

Yea, the Flintstones

I usually stay away from these discussions, but it was just ignited in me after some remarks on the Superhawk forum in the wake of the super storm aftermath in NYC.
As for the first sentence, science cannot be religion, it is just a collection of experimented facts we know at the time, which can change depending on the observer or a new type of experiment, it is not written in stone, the theoretical science is as described, but again it is based on the same experimented facts, so in essence science is a live journal and not a dead bible based on stories from the past only!
Here is the best description of religion I'm sure you heard time and again:

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.

As for a true religion we all share, if you can call it religion... it would be the holly Honda God and his son the mighty VTR as described in the holly book of Honda VTR1000F Workshop Service Repair Manual. you even have haven and hell, Haven when you having the best ride of the season and Hell the winter downtime, you even have the little demons showing up every now and then with a speed trap :twisted:

Now really think about it, how much time and effort you spend on these forums or worshiping your VTR? I think we have enough justification to call officially a religion... Like any other so called organized religions!
I need another drink :beer: :beer: :beer:
Cheers to all of you mates, love this site!
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.

That is pretty much the best description of religion I've ever heard :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yaba Daba Doo :lol:

My point is that it's just putting a label on things. Words are just words a bit like our names or numberplate's. What it says or reads is irrelevant to the content as it's just there to distinguish one from the other. :roll:
That is pretty much the best description of religion I've ever heard :thumbup:
+ 1 I got to say that otherwise I would end up insane.

Praise be to VTR
:Worship: :Worship: :Worship: :Worship: :Worship:

:thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Carl, I got the point mate :) just wanted to add... ;)

Cheers
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

As good a reason to vote for Obama in 012 imho. : /.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Well he won and I'm glad personally, I think he's alright. Not that I'm a political expert. I just like the bloke.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

leevtr wrote:Well he won and I'm glad personally, I think he's alright. Not that I'm a political expert. I just like the bloke.
me too. Romney was quoted as "enjoying" sacking people ?? also I can imagine him getting
a voice in his head telling him its "gods will" to nuke someone or other and before you know it you got 5 million dead Iraqi,s/Iranians, most of them innocent men women and children.

:crazy: :crazy:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Funny irony about the US is they bang on about fundamentalists all over the world, and yet they are one of the most bigoted religiously extreme nation going. Weird for such an advanced lot. As an aside spending a week in Minneapolis next week.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

BigVeeGrin wrote:Funny irony about the US is they bang on about fundamentalists all over the world, and yet they are one of the most bigoted religiously extreme nation going. Weird for such an advanced lot. As an aside spending a week in Minneapolis next week.
Agreed, although Obama isnt. He had the balls to publicly question religion, and that is to be respected.

That other tw@, preaching mormon shite....wouldn't vote for him to buy the fcuking cakes !!