Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

playerone

Re: Operation Storm: Monopoly Mayhem 18th may 2013

Post by playerone »

Think I'll be up for this one :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

bigspanishmarty wrote:personally i think its about having a laugh and doing something different, anyone can go for a ride in the countryside, but 20 plus bikes at 2am in our capital city making lots of noise seems like fun to me. each to there own and all that. you will see the tower of london, tower bridge, piccadilly circus, and a fair bit more......
i'll make sure i'm in the uk for the 18th of may.... :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: Good man :)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The way things are going London and it's suburbs will be the only roads left soon as the rest have turned into rivers :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

:D :D sounds a good do ,,shall bring ghandi i think ,,if he can be good :D
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

bigspanishmarty wrote:personally i think its about having a laugh and doing something different, anyone can go for a ride in the countryside, but 20 plus bikes at 2am in our capital city making lots of noise seems like fun to me. each to there own and all that. you will see the tower of london, tower bridge, piccadilly circus, and a fair bit more......
+1 thats exactly my view, I do many rideouts every year of the usual places and have started thinking 'outside of the box' and want to do somthing a little different im very pleased other members share my same thoughts, Im looking forward to it and meeting other members on an unforgetable night time tour of the capital and will be ready for that brekkie in Brighton :thumbup:
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

thats whats i was thinking, i think it will feel pretty surreal, like in 28 days later when the whole city is dead. we'll get some right looks :cool2 i'll make sure my baffles are out that weekend :Tongue3:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it will deffo be noisey...... :lol:
but you'll be surprised that certains parts of the west end will still be busy even at 2.3.4 in the morning.... :crazy:
fingers crossed we have the weather on our side :D
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I'm going to take my baffles out for this special occasion.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Some hilarious landmarks to look out for
http://shitlondon.co.uk/
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i might come now you have linked all these great sights :D
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Sounds like a great idea count me in,looks like it could be quite a gathering ,should be one hell of a noise! I'll keep an eye on this thread with interest .cheerz ady f.
rollingthunderx2

Could this be linked to something else datewise, as its going to be a long journey for some to do a 1 hour tour of sh1t city. Its so far to go its really a weekend away, not a run before breakfast.?

Probably not this tho...
http://monopolypubcrawl.org.uk/

The site says..remember to drink within your limits..lol :beer:
geodude

Post by geodude »

rollingthunderx2 wrote:Could this be linked to something else datewise, as its going to be a long journey for some to do a 1 hour tour of sh1t city. Its so far to go its really a weekend away, not a run before breakfast.?

Probably not this tho...
http://monopolypubcrawl.org.uk/

The site says..remember to drink within your limits..lol :beer:
I think you might be missing the point here. Diabolus has wanted to do this for a while and he is inviting others to come along to join him?

It's not just about the London bit. Its about the run to Brighton for breakfast, then onto Southend on sea and more importantly (imho), meeting up and having a laugh.

Making a weekend of it just doesn't work in this scenario as it's less of a challenge to do it across 2-3 days.

:thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
rollingthunderx2

Ok, he can come to my house to start?

If thats not too far?

What I'm saying..if you missed my point, is it would be better if it was on a date that co-incided with another event so those coming from the north..and I don't mean Grantham..have a weekend to see something else.Not necessarily a weekend of VTR, just something else on at the same time to make it worthwhile.
Not to be rude, but an 800+ mile journey to go round London and have a coffee at some guys gaff is stretching my day a bit......

So..can you arrange the date to be on when theres something else on, or is this really for those in the SE who just want to go for a quick run before brekfast and home, with no consideration of those who would like to attend but have to travel 5 hours to get there?

What is on on 18 May? or is that a random number for the yearly rideout?
geodude

Post by geodude »

lol I guess I am missing your point.

Personally I like the approach being taken by Diabolus on this one.

Perhaps you can arrange a weekend meet/ride-out further north? Alternatively, how about attending the Yorkshire meet also in May?