wet bikes

General Bike chat
lumpyv

wet bikes

Post by lumpyv »

most mornings I go past a lings bike dealership. at about the time I go past they are wheeling all their 2nd hand stock out onto the forecourt . they do this day in and day out , the only time they appear not to is when its snowing. I reckon it must total up to about 100 thousand quids worth of stock.
tonight as I came past at about 5 they were all still sitting there in torrential rain (been pi55ing down heavy since late morning here) . seems to me they must be getting rusty or wet in the electrics dept?

anyone else think this is a bit crazy!?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Re: wet bikes

Post by lloydie »

my view is ... if they haven't got space to store them and show them inside then they're over stocked and don't care about the bikes they sell .

I'd would rather buy a bike that has been looked after by the dealer than one that hasn't .

i know they are just there to rip you off but they could be nice about it and keep the bike's they sell in good condition .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:most mornings I go past a lings bike dealership. at about the time I go past they are wheeling all their 2nd hand stock out onto the forecourt . they do this day in and day out , the only time they appear not to is when its snowing. I reckon it must total up to about 100 thousand quids worth of stock.
tonight as I came past at about 5 they were all still sitting there in torrential rain (been pi55ing down heavy since late morning here) . seems to me they must be getting rusty or wet in the electrics dept?

anyone else think this is a bit crazy!?
Yes it is crazy as they are getting pissed on.

No It isn't crazy 'coz if they don't put them outside, no one will be able to get in the shop.
Plus it's free advertising to walk/drive by traffic.
Plus if you buy one it's still covered under the guarantee they give.

It's the poor mug who has to push them all outside in the rain, then push them all back in, then back out the following day followed by cleaning the floor then cleaning all the bikes I feel sorry for !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

i drove past a bmw dealership in ipswich once and they had a nice convertable 1 series outside with the roof down... good thing about it was that its was raining and half five on a saturday so everyone had gone home, yeh i laughed to myself :clap:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

must be something about ipswich :lol: :lol:

i think lings have to stick everything outside to make space inside but the bikes always seem smart enough when you look at them. praps the sales staff have to dry them off when they come in. pretty impressive how they just wheel them in backwards pushing em by the handlebars though
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Its only a bit of water. Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, too early, not enough coffee but bikes can get wet without them dying a terrible electrical or rusty death.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Maybe if it was distilled water it would be allright, but there are a lot of pollutants in rain including acid :roll:

On one hand It does seem strange to me that dealers put them outside, but I guess they have no choice. I suppose it's a bit like buying food from a market :lol: On the other hand, vehicle dealers don't give a stuff, it's all about making money. They will lie/bend the truth and give you total bull to make a sale.

Even if you where to buy a brand spanking new Bentley turbo it will have faults with it. The paintwork will not be in perfect condition where they has been sitting outside in a factory car park quite often in industrial area's getting covered in industrial fallout. They then sit on the back of a train/lorry to go to their destination. When they eventually get to the showroom, someone will give the vehicle a wash, which 9 times out of 10 wont be done correctly, then all that fallout will be washed into the paintwork where it creates swirls and scratches and damages it further etc etc.

I guess the thing to do even when buying something new, is to treat it as second hand and give it a good thorough going over before purchasing. One wouldn't pick a bit of fruit up off the shelf in a supermarket without checking over it first.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

To be honest I cant ever remember a bike dealer NOT putting bikes outside.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Speaking of Wetbikes....

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express