streetfighter my bike

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
leelee

streetfighter my bike

Post by leelee »

hi was wondering if anybody could advise me the best way to streetfighter my vtr. what top yoke can i use and headlight etc:
do i need to buy all new cables any help appreciated, have got a limited budget for the swap.
am doing this as it hurts to ride my bike in the sports setup due to bad shoulder and back !!!!
thanks all :Beer Popcorn:
ride it till the tires fall off then keep going !!!!!!!
Wicky

Re: streetfighter my bike

Post by Wicky »

best way to streetfighter my vtr
As in strip fairings off and raise bars?

For top yoke etc use the search facility to search keywords i.e. 'streetfighter', 'yoke'. There have been many threads on the subjects with a variety of methods used to raising the bars from using VFR bars to custom bits. A recent one was on dropping the footpegs, which might help you sit up straighter, with links to ebay suppliers.

A handy tip is to use google's site search function as this can also find 3 letter words that the originals site's search facility doesn't index.

Copy this into google's search

Code: Select all

streetfighter yokes site:http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
leelee

Post by leelee »

thanks pal been looking at the other posts and think will try just raise bars and keep fairing.
ride it till the tires fall off then keep going !!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Be prepared to have to ever so slightly trim the fairing depending on what bars you go for. Same goes for slightly longer clutch and brake hoses , but the brake hose would if standard probably need replacing anyway so a good opportunity to fit braided ones.
leelee wrote:thanks pal been looking at the other posts and think will try just raise bars and keep fairing.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You will likely need to trim off the fairing ears as Wicky says for higher bars as shown here:- http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... ng#p181185 but you can get away without trimming the fairing if you fit low Rental handle bars, providing you use low bar riser clamps.

Chris.
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

you can just whack on an coupla different honda top yokes on top of the origonal yoke after youve removed the bars (i.e honda super four 400 and i think early deauville) and fit your bars , everthing will fit (wiring / cables) may require a bit of re routing etc , as long as you dont go for very high bars , renthal ultra low streetbars are a good fit for streetfighters , mx bars are crap they dont have enough ''sweep'' and are too wide (imo) cant comment on fairing clearence as i usually remove the fairings
its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Always found venhill really good for cables etc
Cheap but very very good.
http://www.venhill.co.uk/Contact_us
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5