New Manx member

General Biker Banter
JamesK

New Manx member

Post by JamesK »

Hello everyone, i'm no doubt going to be spending a lot of time browsing what appears to be a very fine forum so here is a little about myself:

I've been riding bike since I was 16 in 1994 and then racing bikes from 1999 to August 2003 when a big accident in the Manx Grand Prix on a CBR600 put an stop to it.

Nearly two years on and I'm having a few screws taken out of my foot which means I should be in the clear, what better excuse than to get yourself a new bike? :D

After many years of wanting a Firestorm i've finally got myself one, its a 1997 model in black. I'd never ridden a Firestorm before and the silly grin it gave me on the test ride was something I haven't experienced for a long time.

I'm already tinkering and trying to get the bike as standard as possible, although it has been well looked after it has been fitted with silly indicators and rear lights, there was a time when I would of like this but now i'm getting on a bit (27 :lol: ) I would rather be seen than squashed :!:

If anyone is coming over for the IOM TT drop me a line and we can meet up, i'll be on crutches so my new toy will be in the garage and i'll need cheering up :?

Thanks for reading
James
robin1000

Post by robin1000 »

Welcome James, it's good to have a Manxman on the site. Have you married you sister yet?? lol. :lol:
I share your plight with IOM injuries. I broke my back at the Manx in 2000, but I'd still love to race there again!
I'm over for a few days from the 5th (mad sunday), so pm yer number.
I'll be on a ZXR 750 as my Storm is still being re-built.

Anyway, welcome aboard. :D
Bikes and scorned women don't mix!
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Welcome James ! :)
Enjoy ! :D

p.s What kind of rear lights you looking to get rid of ? Worthy home right here ! :wink: :wink:
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Welcome james hope ya back on two wheels soon may be over myself trying to organise some time :x
The voices made me do it
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard James,
Which part of the I.O.M are you residing.
I have very fond memories of watching Joey Dunlop racing when I was over there and quite a list of other riders too. I must admit it is brilliant to be able to ride your bike on the roads which is actually the race track,
wishing you a speedy as possible recovery,
cheers Chris.