project vtr

General Biker Banter
JAY.B

project vtr

Post by JAY.B »

HI all. just spent the last while lookin through the forum and it's pretty cool! i'm from Dublin (where the rain never stops)ha ha Takin my bike out of the shed seems to have the same power as an Indian rain dance! ha ha. i bought a 98 storm in dec (non runner) so i'm workin on it every chance i get. I've put a single sided swinger on(that was handy.... not) ha ha. had an underseat exhaust made up too. The lads are callin it the nut roaster, hope their wrong ha ha. I hope to pick your collective brains when ever i'm stuck on somrthing. Thanks. Top o' the mornin to ya, and all that kind of thing
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Looking forward to seeing your bike, been toying with the idea of those mods too, but will have to wait til winter i reckon. Good luck with the underseat nut roaster 1 :D
saint

Post by saint »

Any pictures?
It'd be quite interesting to see, and maybe get some inspiration.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi JAY.B
Your mods do sound interesting as Saint said.
I'd also be interested to see some pictures of your creation!

cheers Chris.
JAY.B

Post by JAY.B »

yea i'll get some pics posted as soon as find out how to do it! it's my first computer ha ha ha
saint

Post by saint »

JAY.B wrote:yea i'll get some pics posted as soon as find out how to do it! it's my first computer ha ha ha
simple:

http://www.imageshack.ws/

use this site

goto browse get pic click on host it , go down to hotlink for forums 1 copy url then paste onto your post

what swingarm did you use? was it an easy bolt on or a tricky one
JAY.B

Post by JAY.B »

I used a vfr800 swinger. wheel alinement was sorted with a 2mm spacer. it bolted straight on. but it will sit the shock right in front of the manafold, so you've got to re work the pipe.the spockets where 10mm out too. i had the rear hub machined and used a spacer at the front sprocket. you've also got to drill a 10mm hole for the shock top-mounting. not finished the messy work yet, but i'm havin fun! just hope it works ha ha