General Biker Banter
bluestoesonnose

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bluestoesonnose »

Seems simple enough, did something similar (but much simpler) to my old XR600
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sorry for the fuzzy pics as it was freezing in the garage .
the difference is tiny less than a 1/2 of a mm on teeth spacing so much so they look identical unless you put one on to of the other and even then its hard to see the difference .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Lloyd, I shall cut them out in Photoshop later and overlay them. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just got back in from a ride over to a friends for his Birthday. A bit nippy out there. :eek2 I had to bumpstart my bike before going over there. It didn't want to start, very slow turning over. I have not been out on the bike for a proper run in over a week, so that combined with the cold weather I think has taken it's toll on the battery. I should buy a new battery but it's just going on the optimate for now.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

replaced both the oil cooler pipes as they were rusty chrome jobs, replaced oil and filter, ran it up and fitted the new single seat cover.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

since getting back from spain, i've done bugger all to the bike, and its now covered in an inch or so of snow :(
but i had lots of parcels waiting for me on my arrival, don't ask why, but i continue to stock pile parts, i managed to nab a very nice pair of race low level exhaust off of ebay, for a reasonable price, plus lots of other bits and bobs, i'm calling them late xmas presents to myself.... :D
because my family are a bunch of bike haters, i never get any bike related gifts :( :( :( :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bsm's bike bitz lol welcome back to the uk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That Ohlins keeps starring at me, but I thought wombles it, why waste money on an old bike, If Jenson Button can drive on bald tyre's in the wet throughout his karting days, then I can ride around with a sh1t shock :lol: I'm now looking at an IPhone 4s, I desperately need a new phone that has internet access. I've never had one.

Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

bigspanishmarty wrote:since getting back from spain, i've done bugger all to the bike, and its now covered in an inch or so of snow :(
but i had lots of parcels waiting for me on my arrival, don't ask why, but i continue to stock pile parts, i managed to nab a very nice pair of race low level exhaust off of ebay, for a reasonable price, plus lots of other bits and bobs, i'm calling them late xmas presents to myself.... :D
because my family are a bunch of bike haters, i never get any bike related gifts :( :( :( :(
You need atleast 1 bike ready for the monopoly run.
:D
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

You need atleast 1 bike ready for the monopoly run.
:D[/quote]

i reckon i'll be on the second bike...(not the spondon framed one)
i'd be working on it now but without a garage there ain't a chance in hell i'll make any progress in this weather...... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That's what the front room is for Marty! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's what the front room is for Marty!
He would have to take the wall down for that. Have you seen the size of his back door, I'm surprised Marty can get through it :lol: :lol: (sorry mate) :lol:
You need at least 1 bike ready for the monopoly run.
:D
I reminded him of that today when I went over there. And I'm not working on his bike in this weather either. It's bad enough I need to do some stuff on my bike shortly. Mot in Feb :eek2

NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Well, not much with the bike today, but just came back from the international motorcycle show in NYC, it was fun :D a little smaller then last year though, no Aprilia and Guzzi :(
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote: Have you seen the size of his back door,

Is that not a gay euphemism? ... :lol:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I thought that would get picked on. I did wonder about that as I was writing it, but it's allright in the the context it's been used. It's snowing again in London so wont be going out anywhere. I did charge my battery up yesterday, seems it's not faulty and just needed a good charge. My alarm drains it over time!