FIRESTORM/SUPER HAWK POPULARITY

General Biker Banter
GLIDEMAN

FIRESTORM/SUPER HAWK POPULARITY

Post by GLIDEMAN »

Is the Firestorm/Super Hawk selling very well in your area? I love my 2003 Super Hawk. But, the world around my area (Florida) seems to demand "faster" bikes.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Yeah, but isnt that because of all the "Stunt Jockeys"..... (seems to be more than tyour fair share over there......)

Firestorm's seem to be growing in popularity over here
davideco

Post by davideco »

Hi guys, here in Italy Firestorm is not very popular, here people like CBR's better, but when we go to mountains together :lol: they do envy me!!! I think VTR is the best bike for a road use, don't need to go too fast to feel the engine power and it is always ready to kick. I think CBR 1000 is good only for racing, I don't think you can appreciate all that power in a standard road.
What u think?
L8RGYZ

Post by L8RGYZ »

I agree Davide, I rode with some guys last weekend on GSXR1000s and a CBR954. The guy on the Honda & I left the Gixxers behind & I definitely seemed to have better drive out of the corners than the CBR.
Of course a better rider would have passed me on either of those bikes. But that's not the point. The point is that if you're a decent backroads/canyons rider, then you won't be left behind by the racer replica bikes.

Also, the VTR1000F is not really popular here in the US, and I like it that way. Plus, if you do well on it, people realize it's not just because you have the latest high-tech sportbike.
Steve
It's about the road, not about the chrome.

'98 Super Hawk
TapeWorks Graphics, SS f&r Brakelines, Progrip 724, Galindo bar-ends, R1 CF Mirrors, Puig CF Hugger
GLIDEMAN

Post by GLIDEMAN »

L8RGYZ wrote:I agree Davide, I rode with some guys last weekend on GSXR1000s and a CBR954. The guy on the Honda & I left the Gixxers behind & I definitely seemed to have better drive out of the corners than the CBR.
Of course a better rider would have passed me on either of those bikes. But that's not the point. The point is that if you're a decent backroads/canyons rider, then you won't be left behind by the racer replica bikes.

Also, the VTR1000F is not really popular here in the US, and I like it that way. Plus, if you do well on it, people realize it's not just because you have the latest high-tech sportbike.
Steve
What is a "progrip 724"?
davideco

Post by davideco »

Very good!! :lol: I never thought about that :lol:
I thought about coming to USA this summer, with my bike!!! :)
It doesn't seem to be too expensive to ship it there but takes more than a month to get there and same time to come back, so I'll be without it for almost 2 months just to ride it 2 weeks in USA. 8)
Will see, I am very positive on riding my bike with italian registration in USA, very cool I think. :D but on the other side I won't be able to use it for a very long time :?

If I come to USA I'll let you know..

Ciao
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Davideco said
so I'll be without it for almost 2 months just to ride it 2 weeks in USA
8O Wow! 8O
don't do that mate!! Just Hire/Rent a bike when you get there. loads of rental shops in most places :lol:

Pete.l
P.S and it will probably be cheeper than shipping your bike backwards and forwards across the Atlantic :wink:
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Yeah, but, (no but yeah but right),

Surely, chances of finding a storm to hire in USA are extremly slim....

I didnt see ANY sports bike whilst i was over there... Just those huge shiny house like things everywhere.....
L8RGYZ

Post by L8RGYZ »

Davide,
Check out this link for motorcycle rentals & tours (worldwide).

http://www.micapeak.com/mc/addrs/arentals.html

I'm an hour & 1/2 from Washington, DC, so let me know if you are in the area. My wife & I could take you to dinner, or something.
Steve

'98 Super Hawk
TapeWorks Graphics, SS f&r Brakelines, Progrip 724, Galindo bar-ends, R1 CF Mirrors, Puig CF Hugger
davideco

Post by davideco »

Thank you Pete for the websites u sent me, to hire a bike is my second choice for now, they only hire Harley and custom Honda. I keep all options open anyway :)
I would like to go to west coast, I think travel trough cali with a bike should be great, so thanks for your invitation but I'll take the rain check for another time :)
Thanks again for your help guys, I'll keep you posted about my summer plan, it would be definitively nice to meet some of you in the states, especially becuase u know where to go and what to see :D
Ciao everybody.
Honda VTR 1000 F Italian Red
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Sorry L8RGYZ
looks like I got the credit for your link :lol:
Some great sites on there by the way everything from Alaska on a beemer to China on a Royal Enfield. The African one looks pretty sexy too.
Your right E-bloke. But I did see a few Jap bikes this year, previously it's only been Hogs,Beemers, Goldwings and Pans a few R6's/1000 and CBR1000's were prowling around this time. Mind you, with the roads I travelled on around Orlando it's a waste of time having a sports bike anyway.
At the end of last summer, when I had a day off from work, I took a little trip around Tennessee through the smokies, Now thats a place to have a sports bike :twisted: I asked around but couldn't find a rental place so I made do wallowing around in the bus of a car I had instead :cry:

Pete.l
L8RGYZ

Post by L8RGYZ »

Pete,
Too bad you couldn't at least have gotten a Mazda Miata, or such, for the Smokies, since a bike was out! The Miata Club goes thru there every year they seem to have a blast in those things.

Check out this site.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

I'm headed to West Virginia for a couple of days this weekend. Nothing but mountains & bends over there. Wild & beautiful. Meeting up with abt. 1/2 dozen people I met on the internet this week.

'98 Super Hawk
GLIDEMAN

Sport bike rentals

Post by GLIDEMAN »

essexbloke wrote:Yeah, but, (no but yeah but right),

Surely, chances of finding a storm to hire in USA are extremly slim....

I didnt see ANY sports bike whilst i was over there... Just those huge shiny house like things everywhere.....

I'VE NEVER SEEN A SPORT BIKE RENTAL IN ANYWHERE I HAVE EVER BEEN IN THE USA.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Thanks L8rgyz
Excellent link. :lol:
I've just popped in my favorites box just in case :wink:

Pete.l