Help needed

General Bike chat
tasum

Re: Help needed

Post by tasum »

check if you have legal expenses cover to fight it. motor policy, home insurnace, car policy, check them all.

check if petrol station or anyone else has cctv footage. may be a traffic camera there.

what does woman say about fault, did she apologise for stopping suddenly?

photos of the scene and write down NOW a full statement, weather conditions, time of day, light, condition of road, speed, etc get it ALL down now before you forget. photos of the bike damage also worthwhile. photos of your bruises if any, but not too much detail of your bulls :)

you might want to consider a visit to the old gp to check your boys and to make sure you haven't got the beginnings of any whiplash. If can take a while for aches and pains to surface, but a gp visit sets the injury in stone(ish).

glad you're okish, hope it turns out ok.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

The women claimed wiplash within 2 seconds of getting out the car!
I've phoned sorrymate.com and they are beening very helpful at the moment.

She pulled out on me giving me no time adjust speed
No one has blamed any one
But my insurance people are blaming me right away
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Did the woman (you hit) in front hit anyone - you said she braked... Did you hit her squarely up the rear or the side?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

She did not hit any one and did not need to brake for the car pulling out.

I locked up the front end and caught the far right hand side of her bumper
I tryed to avoid her the best I could
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I've been in a similar situation with a car years ago, its very straight forward you rear end another vehicle its your fault and there nothing you can do about it i'm afraid, her insurance will just say that you should have given her enough distance to be able to stop, we have all been there, whats the damage on her car, your bike couldnt you do a deal out of the insurance company if its light damage, you AND her will be paying for this in the long run matey.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

StormingHonda wrote:I've been in a similar situation with a car years ago, its very straight forward you rear end another vehicle its your fault and there nothing you can do about it i'm afraid, her insurance will just say that you should have given her enough distance to be able to stop, we have all been there, whats the damage on her car, your bike couldnt you do a deal out of the insurance company if its light damage, you AND her will be paying for this in the long run matey.

I see what your saying but am not giving in that easy am afraid. I could not leave or adjust my speed in any way. I have yet to call her and ask what she is wanting to do tho. She has not phoned me yet to
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Tell her to grow a pair of balls. There is no way she could have whip lash from a 200kg motorcycle clipping her rear end. I got rear ended by a council van in my car at 20mph and not much damage or whip lash on my part. Not sure if I can offer any info on beating the insurance company though. Really pisses me off to hear that a good rider has been knocked off because someone else can not drive or pay attention to the road and what is going on and that you are being blamed for this already. Hope it goes your way and does not take to long to sort. Fingers crossed for you!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i was once told about a female bus driver who tried to claim for whiplash when her single decker bus was rear ended by a motorbike..... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
seriously these prople need shooting :evil:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

She just wants a slap! Sorry this has got me really wound up now. People and insurance companies that do this just want shooting. It's not wonder insurance prices keep going up, all because lots of people are money grabbing scabs. Appoligies again :roll:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

have you any 3rd party witnesses to her suddenly changing lanes in front of you?

Draw a map / diagram of the roundabout with the lanes showing vehicle positions and post it here so it's clearer who was going where.
Last edited by Wicky on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i was once told about a female bus driver who tried to claim for whiplash when her single decker bus was rear ended by a motorbike..... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
yes but were you riding the bike? :twisted: :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
bigspanishmarty wrote:i was once told about a female bus driver who tried to claim for whiplash when her single decker bus was rear ended by a motorbike..... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
yes but were you riding the bike? :twisted: :lol:
ha bloody ha............... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sorry marty, I am a bad person :thumbdown:
AMcQ
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Well I got the call from insurance today aaking what happen
Told them every thing and going to see what is going to happen from there

She is calming for new bumper,light,hire car

She can wombles off......
98 storm with goodies!

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

People and insurance companies that do this just want shooting. It's not wonder insurance prices keep going up, all because lots of people are money grabbing scabs.
Totally agree :thumbup: And the Insurance companies and the companies (no win no fee) claiming whiplash and stuff for people are in cahoots with each other. The whole thing is a scam. :twisted:

Thumber lets hope you can get it sorted so you not to blame. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside