Fork legs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rex

Fork legs

Post by rex »

Am gonna spray me fork legs cos they're looking well manky at the moment. Any suggestions as to which paint looks good whilst still not too prone to stone chips?
The voices made me do it!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

I'd thought about doing this too, 30k miles are now showing there worst at the bottom.... i was more worried about adhesion....the legs are covered in some form of coating thats gone all flaky...

surely, will need some serious sanding to get a good base.... i'm guessing any decent paint will be ok, as long as it's applied properly. thought about lacquer to seal it from chips etc?
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

paint stripper takes off the coating but needs care, then wire wool, finished with solvol, looks good and then only needs laquer not paint.
Previously tried hammerite, its sh1t from a can but a spray might be ok. still ooks crap with silver paint though, best result is a good clean.
it may be clever, but its not big.
rex

Post by rex »

Mine have gone all flaky too. Like the idea about polishing then putting laquer on top. Sounds like harder work but probably worth it..
The voices made me do it!
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

When I stripped the lacquer off my (car) alloys I used Nitro Moores Auto and it worked a treat. Watch you don't get it on anything else though!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Yeah got some on orange indicator lens and it melted...........bugger.
it may be clever, but its not big.