What is Going on with the Weather

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

What is Going on with the Weather

Post by VTRDark »

What is going on with the weather, it was lovely and Sunny yesterday (I was walking around in a T-shirt) and today it's gone all overcast and chilly again. WTF. I want to get out and spray another coat of paint on my clutch casing, but I'm just not sure, it may even bloody rain, looking at them clouds. :( What a pain in the butt, having to rely on British weather. The weather is getting as bad as the rest of Britain, shite. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :( :( I'm pissed off now!!!

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
carpkisser

Re: What is Going on with the Weather

Post by carpkisser »

There's been snow in March in years gone by!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I guess when you put it like that. :lol: :lol: Don't often get snow down here in this neck of the woods. I would't mind Snow, at least it looks pretty. Also when it snows it's not that cold.

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

as a nation we have v short memories regarding the weather. Our geography ensures we have very changeable weather, always have always will.

Our climate, that what determines major weather patterns, is governed by longer term things and changes v slowly over time, so for example it is affected by people who ride guzzling v-twins with gusto, parping tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere just from popping to the shops. Or in some cases parping co2 and methane at the same time, now that is very bad. :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Your quite right mate we are on that borderline of the Gulf-stream flowing up and the arctic weather patterns of the North. The top borderline of the gulf-stream generally lays somewhere along the border of England Scotland but does fluctuate over the years. The weather should always be a bit better further South :)

It's still overcast outside and it did pick up a bit later in the morning so I managed to get out and do some more spraying which I'm happy about. I also had a little fiddle with my carbs.

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

best cure for the cold weather is chilli sauce.
so with that in mind my bike is on the front atm & im off over the cat n fiddle to buxton for a kebab for my tea :D
if anyone wants to come were meeting at lymm services (m6 j20) at about 6pm, then order food from the cat n fiddle carpark followed by a 15 minute run to buxton food spot.

here's the MENU :Beer Popcorn:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
carpkisser

Post by carpkisser »

The abysmal 'Summer' of 2012 was I believe caused by the Gulf Stream shifting some 400 miles South from its usual track.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well it's like a Snow blizzard outside now in London. If this keeps up, when I wake up in the morning my bike will be covered. I'm supposed to be riding down to Staplehurst tomorrow night, I'm not sure I will now :think:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I'm throwing a 'snowy' today !

Will be phoning in in a mo just letting me feet thaw out a bit.

Left home at 06.40 & it took me 30 mins to do about 15 miles then sat in a queue foe 3/4 of a bloody hr !

A2 London bound is at a standstill...sod that I'm going home...

Still could be worse some poor sods have been stuck on the A23 for 12hrs + !!!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just been watching the news and Kent and Sussex has bee hit the worst. So defo looks like I wont be going to Staplehurst. :(

You can build a snowmac :)

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:Just been watching the news and Kent and Sussex has bee hit the worst. So defo looks like I wont be going to Staplehurst. :(

You can build a snowmac :)

Sod that it's to bloody cold to go out !

The wind is a biting North/North-easterly & my back garden is North facing so the wind gets right up ya Tussocks !

By the way Carl I think it's a tad too cold for bee's... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 97#p245797 :biggrin Image

Experts warn that winter could last until spring

The Met Office is now predicting that spring will not arrive until the weather starts to warm up a bit and then stays like that for a while.

A spokesman said: “We had hoped that spring would start in the first half of February, but if it’s snowing then it means it probably hasn’t.

“At some point it will change, maybe late March or early April. It should be fairly obvious.”
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol:
Cor! I wonder how many years of university it took to come to that conclusion :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Trainraider

Post by Trainraider »

-12 Celsius this morning...
-8 yesterday...
Tomorrow night forecast says -20, day after that -20...

On Saturday night it gets bit warmer - only -14.

Daytime temperature something like -7...-5
- Hey, get out of that tincan you call a car
'Coz that old thing wont get you far
Don't take a bus and don't grab a cab
'Coz I got a thing that'll drive you mad -
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sod that :eek2 :eek2 At that point I would have nothing to loose and would go out and rob some Gold bars or something off a train, plane or whatever. I could then build an indoor world with everything I need including an indoor race track garage etc. I could even make it look like outdoors and build some mountains and stuff a bit like Disneyland. :lol: :lol: