R&G crash bungs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fester

R&G crash bungs

Post by Fester »

Anyone got these fitted to their Storm? Am considering some, but want to know exactly how they mount (I've read the instructions on the R&G site, so know how to fit them) on the fairing itself; if you look at the fairing the actual areas that they would mount is concave, ie it is not flat. So do the bungs stand proud of this, and (in my eye) look odd? Be much better if the area was flat, or do the bungs in fact have concave ends and therefore 'mould' into the fairing?
TIA
fester
tattie

Post by tattie »

They stick out about 60 ish mm either side, I think they look ok, but my bike is black so they don't stand out.
The mounting bolt that they supply to replace the forward oe one protrudes out past the fairing. The back of the bungs, ie the inside edge is about 10mm away from the fairing and not concave.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Fester

Bungs

Post by Fester »

Hey thanks tattie; so do you reckon these things (R&G) are as substantial as you can get, and would do the business in a minor slide/drop?
fester
Martin

Post by Martin »

I've got a set fitted. Some donkey at work moved my bike last month and it they dropped it...crash bungs saved the day. Having seen some of the other ones around, I think the R&G ones are the best looking. You'll need to put mini indicators on though (if you haven't already) as the originals will poke out past the crash bungs, and it's them that do the damage to the fairing. They were dead easy to fit....I just paid someone to do it for me!!!
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

do you have to cut or drill any plastics to fit them?
The voices made me do it
Martin

Post by Martin »

OH yes! You'll have to drill a hole in each side panel, something like 16 or 20 mm (I didn't fit mine so I can't remember exactly) on the trailing edge, a bit infront of where your knees would be when riding. Once the bungs are on you don't really see the holes.
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

i was affraid of that still if its gotta be done it has to be done
The voices made me do it
JamesK

Post by JamesK »

I've been looking at the DHM from motrax, they have a braket so you dont have to drill the fairing, and are only £39.99
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Yeah but do they stay together when you bin it heard bad things about some of the cheaper ones around
The voices made me do it