battery problems

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
scottyhatchi

Re: battery problems

Post by scottyhatchi »

hahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hey u know im thick lol i recon im the most regular person on here asking for help hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

honestly dunno wat id have done without u lot on here like id have been stuffed long ago lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think thick is a bit harsh, how about mechanically impaired :) :lol:

Can you remember how you wired the alarm into the ignition circuit, as you have problems with the ignition as well, this also suggest that's where the problem lies. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

alarm has been on ages ignition has always worked fine went to mates to sort the wobble went to start it ignition just wudnt turn on anymore even he stumped why as we never touched any wires
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

charge it and leave it off the bike overnight and recheck the voltage before refitting was what i was going to suggest carl as a new battery not holding a charge isn't very common but it does happen..like you i'm thinking it's more likely to be the alarm/remote start that's the problem though..

maybe a long shot but..
is the battery flat or is there a wire that's barely connected making the power jump the gap giving an intermittent supply..i had this on a X8R scooter and my old GPX..
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

and recheck the voltage before refitting
He might have to do that with his tongue as he hasn't got, or even know what a multimeter is. :lol:

tattoo

Post by tattoo »

i use to test those flat 9v batteries you put in smoke alarms like that :lol:
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

OWCHHHHH !!!!! cheers for the advise mate that stung my tongue !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

once had an work experience lad with us at the garage and we told him the only way to check the plug caps were ok was to push a screwdriver in while it was turned over...YES he not only did it,he did all 8 caps on a v8 rangerover....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now that is is really is an ouch. Good job it wasn't the coil :lol: