Petrol light????

General Biker Banter
wezrvf

Petrol light????

Post by wezrvf »

I have put in about £12 and done about 90 miles and my light has come on again, these things drink petrol like there is no tomorrow! How many miles can you get out of it when the red light is on, taking it easy though???
Cheers
Wez
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

90 miles is about average mate, had mine down to 62 miles full to light flashing wrung her neck. I'd say 15-20 miles maybe more but much more and you'll be pushing her
The voices made me do it
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

After fitting a Pipercross air filter I went onto reserve at 125 miles and finally ran dry (after taking it moderately easy) at 155 miles

Thats the only time I've run it dry but I did get 24 miles ever so gentle miles of acute anxiety heading back from Verdun in France at 9pm!!

Ben
logan7

Post by logan7 »

last time i did the rlod to empty i got only 15miles :oops:
The force is strong in this one
logan7

Post by logan7 »

its hard to get 12 quids worth in 8O but after fitting new irid. plugs, airbox mod, balancing carbs mpg is getting better :lol: up from about 90 to 110 :D
The force is strong in this one
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Mate,

Don't know if this helps you, but I now get 220 km (about 137 miles) out of my 99 storm, before the RLOD using either 95 or 98 octane fuel, dynajet kit, K&N filter and Vance & Hines SS2 cans. At 220 the bike has used about 13.5 litres, (not much left, but enough).
Oh yeah and its also red :D
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
trebs

Post by trebs »

I must admit, when my local dynoman said he'll get some extra horses out of my bike with the benfit of better ecconomy, I was a bit sceptical.
However, reading the comments here, those simple mods, plus a nice tune-up are worth the cash.
The guy said a proper 110horses is pretty straight forward, he's done a storm already and showed me the data.

Personally, I can get 200km out of my 2002 model on a good day. 140km when I'm wringing it's neck. That's before the last fuel gauge "block" starts blinking.

trebs.
Bink

Post by Bink »

When going on long runs I get about 125mls to reserve.
Normal would be about 90-100mls when doing home-work-home runs.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Got 26 miles after RLOD, but that was being damned careful and free wheeling up to traffic lights instead of engine braking!
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Best I've got (on the smaller earlier model tank) is 142 miles (I can convert from kms now :D ) before she lit up. Got almost 25 before she ran out (oops...). Had 3kms on foot power til the servo... Bad move :( .

What do you guys have to pay for fuel? 12 pounds (still can't find that symbol...) sounds like a lot. For absolute premium here, we're looking around the $1 mark (about $1.10 in New South Wales I think) for a litre. Isn't that about half a pound?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Wow! That's horrendous 8O ! Guess we win again... Mind you, it takes us half a day to get anywhere, so maybe it evens out in the long run, eh? Okay, nup. You're getting severely ripped off!