WEIRD

General Bike chat
thom353

WEIRD

Post by thom353 »

On my way back from Portsmouth today, doing 115MPH. I know it's not big and it's not clever but anyway i looked in the mirror and the old bill were behind, flashing 8O no the other type of flashing. :( :x :twisted:
I slowed down to a panic and pulled over, he overtook me and the passenger, copper waved his finger and they carried on. AS I SAID WEIRD!
What's the script there, does anyone know? will i expect something in the post or was he more interested in catching a real criminal.[/b]
If at 1st you don't sucseed! suckseed! succsead! succeed! Try Try again.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

One guy cop, one girl cop? Maybe they'd just had a reeeeally good shift :wink: .

They may have been fellow bikers or coulda been chasing someone bigger & badder, but I suggest you count your lucky stars & head for the nearest lotto office! And maybe ring the x-files... Weird is right. Sounds like an alien encounter to me! 8O
thom353

Post by thom353 »

So i really need to know! can they zap you with a speed cam from a patrol car, or as you put it do the lottery asap. :?
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I don't know about over there, but in oz, they're allowed to book you if they've been tailing you long enough to know you've done the speed. Basically, if they're doing over the limit & you're still pulling away, they can book you for what they're doing. They're also allowed to book groups riding together by clocking one rider... The future's looking bleak :( .

I wouldn't be expecting anything in the mail, thom. Get that lotto ticket & we'll go halves! :wink:
L8RGYZ

Post by L8RGYZ »

Hmmm...cops in car doing 115MPH. Sounds quite dangerous to the public to me! And they call it "public safety".
Over here in the states we have a lot of "cowboy cops", more enamored of their authority than the law. They'll risk the lives of innocent bystanders just to catch a speeder sometimes. That's the bigger crime to me!
It's about the road, not about the chrome.

'98 Super Hawk
TapeWorks Graphics, SS f&r Brakelines, Progrip 724, Galindo bar-ends, R1 CF Mirrors, Puig CF Hugger
sparky750

Post by sparky750 »

Thom by a lotto ticket mate they'd have pulled you there and then
The voices made me do it
thom353

Post by thom353 »

:lol: One thing is for sure, i'm going stick to the country roads. It's just too risky on them there dual carriage ways. 8)
Thanks all, i can calm down to a panic, let you all know if anything gives :lol:
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

A quick story about an incident I had, I was doing about 90km in a 70km zone at 3am on my way to work when I saw a cop car going the other way on the other side of a big median strip. I thought if I gun it I should make it to work before they can turn around and catch me. I was doing about 220km. Just as I turned into the drive for work, they pulled up behind me and flashed, so I continued into the drive and stopped. They were not happy, first question was "How fast were you going?" I told them I didn't know, then they wanted to know why I didn't stop and I told them I stopped as soon as I saw them. At this time another cop car pulls in and a few mins later another one arrived. Anyway after checking my details and sh1t they booked me for 0-15km over the limit because they didn't get close enough to work out my speed. I wasn't going to argue!! 8)
My fingers are sore.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW
A man goes to the Zoo, but when he arrives there's only a dog.

It was a Shitzu!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Was that a while ago Sharpe1? I was talking to a cop/friend a week or so ago (in Qld) & he said all they have to do is have you pulling away from them & whatever speed they're doing, they can book you at as you're "obviously" doing more than them. Got the impression they can basically do whatever they like now as they don't have to have actually clocked you. Especially if there's more than one of them. You're lucky they didn't do you for dangerous driving. 8O
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

I would have to agree with you there. I think the main thing was that they didn't catch up until I slowed down. So in theory I wasn't actually pulling away from them when they were behind me. It was probably 3 or 4 years ago.
Larry.

'99 YELLOW

It was a Shitzu!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

lucky lucky boy! :wink:
Sharpe1

Post by Sharpe1 »

If I was that lucky they wouldn't have caught me. 8)
Larry.

'99 YELLOW

It was a Shitzu!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

nah, if they didn't catch you, you wouldn't have known just how lucky you were!
d&s

not wierd.

Post by d&s »

Dont know about sunny QLD but here in the west and in vic. they have radar mounted to their vehicles. They can get ya going the opposite direction, aproaching you or you aproaching them from behind even. Yes they would have to have a difference in speed to nail ya,(thats how radar works) but as soon as there is a diff. their system calculates btween you and them instantly and your done. Ive been done on 4 wheels from the other direction at what he said was115km/h, and I was so surprised to see how accurate the old Holden speedo was. The next time I was heading away from them as they were stopped at lights. I came around the corner without noticing them and rolled on the throttle and lofted the front wheel. By the time it came down, the speedo was reading 220km/h and thats when I backed off, looked in the mirrors to see the coppers with smoke off all four wheels as they tried to pull up as quick as the storm under engine braking only(love that compression hey). I pulled over and they aproached me as I removed my helmet. They looked pissed off until they saw the grey hair and had a giggle to themselves. After a lengthy conversation They got me doing 218km/h in a 70km zone. One of them was a fellow rider and he thought it was cool to see old people having fun(cheaky so & so) Any way , got off with a warning and done for exceding by 15km/h. Gotta love that one hey? ($100 fine)
Submariners go down for a living..!!

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)
Martin

Post by Martin »

To get done by VASCAR, you only need to be chaecked over a distance of 0.125 mile as a preferred minimum. You CAN get filmed from a moving car, as long as the car is fitted with a decent video system. Speed guns don't work from moving cars (Iknow, I tried it once!). Sometimes they won't show you the video, as to stop the tape would break up the continuity of evidence, and they may also be using it to record what you are saying (although they should tell you they're doing that).
You were lucky. Now, can you tell me what are next weeks lottery numbers going to be?
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.