Sunglasses on bikes

General Bike chat
Martin

Post by Martin »

It was in MCN afew months back...can't remember exactly, but I think it will make it illegal to import dark visors, including personal imports. Whatever they mentioned it sounded like a right pain in the ar... I've got better things to do than worry about who's wearing a dark visor when I'm at work.
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

If you want an alternative to sunglasses or dark visors I can recommend the Sunax Sunshield.

Here's the Sunshield on my Shoei XR1000

Basically the visor makes a great eye shield without messing up the visibility, you can see the idea better on this image from Sunax's website:

I got my shield from M&P, only cost me £10. If you want more info then the Sunax website is -> http://www.sunax.de/
2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
Fester

visors

Post by Fester »

Well, I wouldn't pay much attention to what MCN say, after all each year they tell us the next VTR is going to be released, complete with 'artists impression' - all cobblers.

Anyway, black visors are legitimately used in bike (Car?) racing, so they can't ban them from that surely (although nothing this Govt would do would surprise me)
tim