So I've got a second interview...

General Biker Banter
BigVeeGrin

Re: So I've got a second interview...

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Virt wrote: And sorry BVG :p I've never had much confidence in myself or anything due to issues from my childhood and whatnot so I have mild paranoia and (somewhat severe when it decides to show up) anxiety issues :( I always work myself into a panic and as such screw stuff up quite badly.
no need to apologise young Virt, it is more common than you think, me being a v good example. I was always compared to my wombles wit cousin who was great at everything blah blah, but the value in us old codgers is we have been through stuff and can see the wood for the trees. So, deep breath, you will gain confidence from being interested and passionate about something, and many employers have seen enough people to avoid the ott Richard heads who seem capable of everything from day one.
AMCQ46 wrote:Well done on getting this far, the next bit will be a simple formality....just don't mention this forum and the cross dressing and you will be home and free :thumbup:
and as I was saying, we've often been there done that, although this particular example is restricted to Mr McQ, sage advice all the same.

failing that Lloydie might like an apprentice in the van :eek2
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Best of luck with interview no.2. :thumbup:

Just relax & be calm.

Shmoke a fattie on the way there to calm the nerves... :Smoke2: Ha Ha...on second thoughts don't.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

learn some more about the company, he may throw some questions in, also check up on the guy doing the interview. it may help good luck.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

For what it's worth Virt, the way you always come across on here shows an impressive level of confidence & composure, given your age and the amount of p***take & banter you have to contend with.
I know online persona isn't the same thing as real life, but if you can deal with your interviews as deftly as you do with the lairy old giffers on here you should be fine :clap:
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
Virt

Post by Virt »

Thanks a lot stratman, :D I'm rather pleased to hear that, I worry the opposite sometimes. Incase the banter suddenly becomes a tad too malicious :lol:

And yeah AMcQ, also best not to bring up you then. Could turn anyone against me I'm sure :wink: thanks though

Ahh, sorry to hear that BVG. I'm sure you're the better man anyway, you have good taste in bikes AND their colour after all. More than can be said for most people here :wink: :lol: although 'sitting' (not sure I'd be doing much of it :S ) in a van is not my cup of tea. I appreciate we have to do things we don't like but I will still pass on that regardless :p

I may have many uhhh... 'Talents' Mac but I can't smoke and ride at the same time unfortunately. That and I don't smoke, tried it a few times but I can't afford it and it didn't appeal in the slightest after I got over the thrill of "oooh I'm smoking" :p Thanks though :)

I've already spent at least 3 hours on the company website though BigTwinThing, and done research into their clients and reviews and products so I'm not sure what else I can manage without bending the laws that govern the Interwebs :( ill be doing a refresher session again before but there can't be much more left to find and I will remember most of it so it won't be a major concern

Thanks Whoa Nelly, but I suspect if I comeback at the interviewer with a semi-witty, semi-hurtful remark I may bugger my chances up :lol: although I'm a bit more confident on here I'll agree as I've already clarified I'm an absolute idiot, but I can't have the company knowing that can I? Well, not until after I've been hired :lol: :D
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ha Ha you don't have to shmoke it, bake some brownies or cookies :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

I'm more of a chef than a baker, or so I'd like tot think :( :l:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

yum chocolate space cakes yum yum
i aint made some in years :oops:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Me neither :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

So who's an iPhone programmer? I have a killer app rolling around my head - and would seriously like to develop it - just don't have the time to develop the skillset. (I have been on many Beta program's though) I work in Pre Press side of Print - so graphics are less of an issue. This is a serious question - with a 50% split of take on offer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and my fat thumbs...
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cliveyandrews wrote:So who's an iPhone programmer? I have a killer app rolling around my head - and would seriously like to develop it - just don't have the time to develop the skillset. (I have been on many Beta program's though) I work in Pre Press side of Print - so graphics are less of an issue. This is a serious question - with a 50% split of take on offer....

we are very hi-tech in my house with all the latest stuff :thumbup: I just got a new iphone, got the kids ipods, my missus didn't seemed so impressed , I got her a new iron :eh:

(I may have done that one before on here? memory,s going)
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Virt

Post by Virt »

cliveyandrews wrote:So who's an iPhone programmer? I have a killer app rolling around my head - and would seriously like to develop it - just don't have the time to develop the skillset. (I have been on many Beta program's though) I work in Pre Press side of Print - so graphics are less of an issue. This is a serious question - with a 50% split of take on offer....

Not me. Not 100% sure of all the languages that are compatible to be used on an iPhone. I only know VB.NET, basic Java, basic HTML and basic CSS :thumbdown: you could try contacting a small company called tortrix in cov? I had an interview there and they work with smart phones quite often :thumbup: not sure of their extortionate price though
Virt

Post by Virt »

So now they want a THIRD interview on Monday... Ermm
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:thumbup:
To discuss the terms of your employment? :thumbup:
Sounds like it's all going the right way. Have you decided what type of car you want and found out where they keep the company Yacht? :D
I reckon you are onto a winner :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Virt

Post by Virt »

No idea :lol: £4 an hour and I will happily bend over for the job. Then I can afford to run both bikes in October. That's basically all RHS concerns me :P can't swim so yacht = bad idea :( :thumbdown: