Rear swingarm and clocks

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Doobrey

Rear swingarm and clocks

Post by Doobrey »

Right then can anybody help?

For no other reason than I think it will look good I want to fit a braced rear swingarm and the 2003 spec firestorm clocks(the one with the digital speedo) to my 200 Firestorm.

The questions are...

Is the SP1 swingarm braced and does it bolt straight on to the Storm.

And do the new clocks fit the old model firestorm just by pluggin em in?

That will do for now seeing as I am the only sad muppet on this Forum at 1:30 on a Tuesday Morning
Cars R Pants
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I doubt if the sp 1 swing arm will fit, but check out http://www.swingarm.com
& they will make one for you.
again i dont think the clocks would be a straight swap what with the other functions,i think it would be more hassel than its worth.
NZred

Post by NZred »

I have a 03' model. The dash has a large digital temp readout a small clock and a fuel guage. The speedo and rev. counter are still normal needles.
I wish the speedo was digital like the new Suzuki.. as the speedo is hard to read with old-ish eyes. :roll:
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
jonacol

Post by jonacol »

The Sp1 arm is braced and looks a lot better than the weedy VTr one but unfurtunately does not fit, its no where near, not even with machining/welding. I had one to do just what ur thinking of and it was way off. I believe metmachex will brace a standard arm, ask Tony Law aka Fluffy on the yahoo list. Alternatively chop the brace of a blade arm and have it welded on, this is the route I'll be going down when I can find a cheap blade swinger.