Iron Lady

General Biker Banter
Miztaziggy

Re: Iron Lady

Post by Miztaziggy »

Most of the 'im glad she is dead comments' are from people who dont have a mind of their own and just follow what daddy told them when he lost his job.

People have such short memories, they forget that in '79 under Callaghan the income tax rate was 33% and 86% higher rate. They forget that for years the unions held the country to ransom and demanded 36% ABOVE inflation pay rises. When they didnt get it, they went on strike and the country was on its knees for months and years.

They also forget that inflation was at 22% in 1980 when she came in, and they forget that there was no law forcing the unions to hold ballots before going on strike, or that the unions forced everyone in work to be a member of the union or face the sack.

I say let's bring back the 70's and give the unions their power back. Open the mines, raise the taxes, subsidise the totally uncompetitive mining industry with our taxes, bring back high inflation and the 3 day week. Those were the good old days yes?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Whatever else may be true of her, Thatcher engaged in incredibly consequential acts that affected millions of people around the world. She played a key role not only in bringing about the first Gulf War but also using her influence to publicly advocate for the 2003 attack on Iraq. She denounced Nelson Mandela and his ANC as "terrorists", something even David Cameron ultimately admitted was wrong. She was a steadfast friend to brutal tyrants such as Augusto Pinochet, Saddam Hussein and Indonesian dictator General Suharto ("One of our very best and most valuable friends").
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

She was a steadfast friend to brutal tyrants such as Augusto Pinochet, Saddam Hussein and Indonesian dictator General Suharto ("One of our very best and most valuable friends").
She wasn't all bad then. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
vtwin

Post by vtwin »

Miztaziggy wrote:Most of the 'im glad she is dead comments' are from people who dont have a mind of their own and just follow what daddy told them when he lost his job.

People have such short memories, they forget that in '79 under Callaghan the income tax rate was 33% and 86% higher rate. They forget that for years the unions held the country to ransom and demanded 36% ABOVE inflation pay rises. When they didnt get it, they went on strike and the country was on its knees for months and years.

They also forget that inflation was at 22% in 1980 when she came in, and they forget that there was no law forcing the unions to hold ballots before going on strike, or that the unions forced everyone in work to be a member of the union or face the sack.

I say let's bring back the 70's and give the unions their power back. Open the mines, raise the taxes, subsidise the totally uncompetitive mining industry with our taxes, bring back high inflation and the 3 day week. Those were the good old days yes?
Couldn't agree more :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nice to know she can still cause a kerfuffle even in death :clap:
Fair play to the lady :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

vtwin wrote:
Miztaziggy wrote:Most of the 'im glad she is dead comments' are from people who dont have a mind of their own and just follow what daddy told them when he lost his job.

Couldn't agree more :thumbup:
Best thing about the 70's was the music. And the fashion. How I wish I could get into those Loon Pants now. I had a 28" waist in 1971. About the same as a thigh now :lol:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

You sound like my dad, to be honest I've never heard anyone say a bad word about the seventies
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Stratman wrote:
Best thing about the 70's was the music. And the fashion. How I wish I could get into those Loon Pants now. I had a 28" waist in 1971. About the same as a thigh now :lol:
+1 :D I remember when my parents had these wild Disco parties while I was closing myself in the bedroom and listening to Joy Division, Bauhous, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the early Cure, Blondie, oh yea and some Led Zep', ACDC, Doors etc... All of which my parents consider as just horrible noise ha ha :lol: .
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

the joy of the generation gap :thumbup: but now it is me who says modern music is crap............but being fair it realy is crap, even my kids like the music I grew up with
AMcQ
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Yep, my Daughter at 3.5 years old already know half of the words on the reggatta de blanc Album :wink:
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
Virt

Post by Virt »

What parts of modern music? Just the pop culture? :lol: a lot of metal has moved on since Metallica, although punk stuff has died down a little :( I dunno. I was always raised on good ol' acdc/maiden/led zepp/sabbath etc.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh I don''t know I like a bit of Susan Boyle. I dream a dream... :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Not really. My old man played John denver, john williams, Van Doonican, Nanna Maskuri, a bit of Dylan and stuff, and my mum liked more pop stuff like the Beatles, Cliff Richard, Bee Gees.
I used to listen to Adam Ant, Madness, Bad Manners, Cuture Club etc and a little later got into the Eagles, Beatles, The Doors, ELO, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Bob Marley amongst many others and then later on got into more Acid House, Trance, Dance/Rave stuff. I like pretty much anything from Classical right up to full on Hard Core House and Trance. The only music I can't connect with is Gangster Rap and Ska.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt wrote:What parts of modern music? Just the pop culture? :lol: a lot of metal has moved on since Metallica, although punk stuff has died down a little :( I dunno. I was always raised on good ol' acdc/maiden/led zepp/sabbath etc.
Punk, 2-tone, indi guitar bands and Motorhead............there is a deep joy in my heart when I hear New Rose or Smash it Up being played in my daughters bedroom..........I know my work is done :thumbup:
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Virt wrote:What parts of modern music? Just the pop culture? :lol: a lot of metal has moved on since Metallica, although punk stuff has died down a little :( I dunno. I was always raised on good ol' acdc/maiden/led zepp/sabbath etc.
Punk, 2-tone, indi guitar bands and Motorhead............there is a deep joy in my heart when I hear New Rose or Smash it Up being played in my daughters bedroom..........I know my work is done :thumbup:
unlike me - fail with a big fat F. My son is all dirty rub a dub bass n drum all the way, he even makes his own!
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Lol well my music hard drive goes from bits of classical piano to the likes of thin lizzy, fleetwood mac etc and on to mixtapes of raves I've been to

So what the hell does that say about me lol
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...