Sunday April 14th 2013 midlands to wales run

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Sunday April 14th 2013 midlands to wales run

Post by AMCQ46 »

you were in crossgates before us then Rob, was 12.30 before we got there and met up with Steve. was pissing down so I cut out all my B roads but we the loop round to Mac then down into Aber and the sun was out by then.

was just 4 of us, Chris Kennedy and his mate on an SV650........ riding well considering he has only had a licence for 3 months! and we met Steve who joined us for the Mac / Aber loop and we bumped into Benny

330 miles and 3 tanks of fuel and some good roads as long as you took care of the mud and gravel.

bike looks like I have been grass tracking on it :lol:
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Thank you Al for a great run. Roads were fantastic despite the 1.5 or so hours of rain we had but it gave me a lot of confidence riding in the wet. Pitty by the time the roads dried out I started to flag :lol: Thank you for the pointers and being able to follow you around, has taught me a far bit following someone who knows what there doing.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Ha, I know what you mean about grass tracking. My bike's rarely clean but it is particularly bad now.

Looking at the map again I can see that even with my bad roads I should have got to Crossgates before you. Not having GPS or even a clock skews things, it felt like I'd been riding for hours when I got there.

Couldn't have missed you by much as I filled up, used the loo and warmed up before moving on. Should have called, I just assumed I was way too late. And I know better than to assume things :oops:

Oh well, we'll just have to do it again when the sun is shining. I know it was warmer today but passing all the snow on the sides of the roads showed, that for me at least, it was still too cold.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yes some impressive snow still in those tight bends on the run into crossgates...And given that it was bright sun when we left home it was a fair old climate clash....

i was toasty though, put my waterproofs on when it started raining, and only took them off when we got to the sea front in Aberystwyth... And the heated grips get the chill away as the gloves get wet.
AMcQ
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

:thumbup: Good on you fellas - I was thinking of you today, stuck doing a 1st Aid course while the rain & wind lashed outside and sorta glad I wasn't splashing my way down to rendezvous with you - I'll be there for the next one, along with some sun & dry roads :D
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

AMCQ46 wrote: was just 4 of us, Chris Kennedy and his mate on an SV650........ riding well considering he has only had a licence for 3 months! and we met Steve who joined us for the Mac / Aber loop and we bumped into Benny
we had a nice dry run after we saw you reprobates but unfortunately the lad on the r6 binned quite badly on the way back and got a ride in the heli :thumbdown:
his bike is completely mullered.
he's ok like but snapped his arm quite bad - highsided into some armco and landed in a fkin tree :o

cant say too much as ive had to ask for some advice off a plod mate cos the heddlu were total flowers.
will post up more when the mike's sorted and we know more about wtf happened.
basically i had a near miss on a bend (in my lane) heard a bang then saw his bike on the deck....
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sorry to hear that Benny. Hope he recovers quick.
lloydie

Sunday April 14th 2013 midlands to wales run

Post by lloydie »

Hope he's ok and makes a full recovery .
Last edited by lloydie on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hope he's ok fella.
Lloydie, Freudian slip there mate!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:Hope he's ok fella.
Lloydie, Freudian slip there mate!!
Edited ;-)
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Yeh hes ok, they kept hm in tho and are operating on his arm today.
He was asking if his bike is ok :/ what can i say, it literally came apart. Completely.
Looking at that pic btw, we were in the left lane, i managed to get through but nearly binned into the verge on theleft.... Mike was 60/70ft behind me and i cant say whether he got tagged or just braked too hard and lost it. I just heard the bang and saw his bike down.
Very lucky it wasnt head on both of us.... Plod were not interested in theother vehicle, who didnt stop... And said ifi insist on giving that statement i will be arrested for wasting police time!
I was fkin livid tbh.
They just wanted write it as a biker fkt up. End of.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

That's not good mate. I hope the guy on the R6 gets well soon.

Glad you didn't bin it too.

What was the near miss with? Was there a car on the wrong side of the road?

Did you guys make them tyre marks or are they old ones?
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Police really can be a waste of time. Is file the statement and then go through the courts. Dont suppose you got reg number?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sh1t, thats not good. hope he gets mended OK

where did it happen?

have we manged to go to wales without an off? :(
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Well I just got round to washing my bike tonight and whatever was on the roads if fecking corrosive!

Where the water and road grit had dried out on my exposed aluminium cans, it had already started to make black burn marks and etched in staining where all the droplets were running with the airfkow .... Had a 20 min go at them with auotosol and you can still see them...they are going to take a fair bit of polishing to get out :(

So if any of you lads were lazy like me, then you better get out quick before the rot starts
AMcQ