New Toy

General Bike chat
seb421

Re: New Toy

Post by seb421 »

Yep bike is totally standard

took it out for a wee go about 7pm once the road had dried a bit stopped at the birds so her and her pops could have a mooch

Bike has bags of torque and the pickup is very liner and has a great progressive feel, fueling at slow speed is on off throttle is better than the RR3

But the RR3 is a far comfier bike to ride than this, its to low for me as it is stock defo needs a shock spacer

the standard screen is sh1t felt like the wind blast was trying to chop my neck off when you're just cruising on it

Seat is going to take some getting used to its wafer thin compared to the blade and storm

Clocks are fantastic and has a built in gear indicator as standard :thumbup:

Was a bit miffed it didn't have a digital clock and was cursing the at clocks till i found it had one after pressing random buttons :thumbup:

Also the guy who has it must have been short as the foot levers are set way too high currently

Clutch and brake lever feel a bit sh1t too,

there is a fair degree of play around the dowel / pin on the clutch so hoping a new lever will sort that out

Oh and the Maxxis tires are horrible they are squared off and look like the bike has never seen a fast bend, don't know how old they are but they don't look new and feel horrible on the road

Other than that i bloody love it

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Virt

Post by Virt »

Well done on getting a bike you love then, do you think it could truly replace the storm? :lol:

And I will say this, I have never been a fan of suzuki's.. But that is bloody beautiful :lol: I
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Virt wrote:Well done on getting a bike you love then, do you think it could truly replace the storm? :lol:

And I will say this, I have never been a fan of suzuki's.. But that is bloody beautiful :lol: I

cheers buddy It looks far better in person than on the pics i can tell you that much, it has more character to it than the blade so thats a plus

on the blade i was starting to miss the storm again as its so silky smooth and a bit mundane until you grab a handful and it picks up revs and rushes you but by this time you're well over the legal limit :thumbdown:

This gixxer has a bit more urgency to it lower in the power band :thumbup:

Give it a little bit and it does not hesitate to jump away, there is a great rasping growling noise from the stock can when you're just tickling the throttle as your riding along and then it roars when you give it some beans

At tick over and just off idle its superbly quiet which is great for me using the bike to commute home at 2am - 3am on :thumbup:

The clutch doesn't feel as sweet as the Blades hope thats just because the bikes not been used in ages :problem:

Make no mistake It's no honda when it comes to its fairing quality but thankfully the paint is fantastic and lush thanks to having an owner that appears to have just spend most his time waxing it

For a while i was thinking i should have got an RR3 or an RR6 - RR7 or saved a little more for a 1098 duke but once i got a clear section of road i opened the tap and thought nah this is wombles boss! :thumbup: the engine is a peach :thumbup:

Once i've jacked the rear, fitted a screen and got some new levers and fitted rim tape i will be very happy with it, might even get a gel seat insert at some point
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Why didn't you get the seller to fit new tyres for you ?
For what you spent on it I would demand new rubber .
seb421

Post by seb421 »

lloydiecbr wrote:Why didn't you get the seller to fit new tyres for you ?
For what you spent on it I would demand new rubber .
i wasn't too fussed at it is absolutely immaculate not a spec of muck on the bugger 8k on the clocks and it think 6 dealer stamps on the service book its been pampered and very very well looked after

went to view another one not to far away for a little less than this but double the mileage and it was ruff mate i wanted the best i could get for the cash i had

guy that owned it traded it in for a royal enfield
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ar a mint summer sunday rider bike ,a R.E he must of been a old chap lol
stick some new pr3 on it and give it a good spanking :D
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Nice one Seb :clap:
Got to say, looks wise it does absolutely nothing for me, but then very few modern bikes do - I bet its a peach to ride though. Probably a bit more of a hazard to your licence than the Storm - be good!
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Looks nice seb, to be honest I'm not a suzuki fan, but the GSXRs are bloody quick, my mates 1000 was mental.

If I bought a Suzuki it would probably be the B king.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice looking bike Seb. Stay safe and enjoy yourself mate.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D Sweet! :D
I went out Saturday with Little Bro and bought the Little Bro of what you have just got (750). Identical trym and model :D :thumbup: Hell of a lot of bike for the money.
Personally I thought the seat and supension were a lot comfier than I expected but then I am compairing to it to my SP :lol:
He gets his on Friday So you'll have to wait to compair notes and I might have to wait for a bit longer before I can steal the keys off him :twisted:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Well this bike is easy to ride so so very easy there is so much low down shove and very predicative throttle response

The gear box is amazing just feels so crisp

It's pulls fantastically low down in the higher gears

The brakes I've not had a chance to properly give work out too

I can't comment much on cornering as the tires just make the bike feel horrid a corner I was taking at 55ish on the blade and storm in the dry felt terrifying on the gixxer at 35mph but I think that's just down to the miss matched worn down the middle Bridgestone rear and the old brittle looking maxxis supersports front

They are that past there best it felt like riding on marbles even in the dry sunny weather of yesterday, gotta wait to the 26th to get new ones

The indicators are sublime you can see them a long way off and are better seen by other road users being higher up

The headlight... Erm if you thought the storm was sh1t, this is worse might just be the stock bulbs mind. On the unlit A6 the blade on full beam just lights everything up this gixxer on normal headlight only throws a beam 50 yard max and on high beam it's a very week over cast, like having a tight focused light and the scatter that comes off around it... That's the full beam but it will do for now till I get some good bulbs on there

Standard grips are sh1t so they have to go

The exhaust is simply amazing no other word than that.

Position is very comfortable on the bike if a little low on seat hight for me for now

Rear hugger needs replacing with a bigger longer one ASAP

This engine is totally amazing tho so much more fun to ride than the blades motor

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

are you sure the headlight aim isn't to low ?
seb421

Post by seb421 »

lloydie wrote:are you sure the headlight aim isn't to low ?
im hoping its right as its just had an MOT mate, it looks right, just a bit weak
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Pete.L wrote::D Sweet! :D
I went out Saturday with Little Bro and bought the Little Bro of what you have just got (750). Identical trym and model :D :thumbup: Hell of a lot of bike for the money.
Personally I thought the seat and supension were a lot comfier than I expected but then I am compairing to it to my SP :lol:
He gets his on Friday So you'll have to wait to compair notes and I might have to wait for a bit longer before I can steal the keys off him :twisted:

Pete.l
K6 750 is quite a bit different other than the obvious 250cc

i was wondering what you was on about with the seat as i've sat on the SP and considered the seat good, thought damn you must have a bigger butt than me and i'm no slim jim looking at the 750's seat it does look to have more padding than the 1000 does
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
slower110

Post by slower110 »

Glad you're enjoying it mate, does look wombles ace tbh and I'm not Suzuki's biggest fan. Know what you mean about the screen, same on my blade, standard one is sh1t, have to literally lie on the tank at ???mph!.

Was passing yours earlier on the blade, was gonna call and have a spy at it.

Enjoy

:)