Brook Suspension

General Bike chat
turbo_billy

Brook Suspension

Post by turbo_billy »

Has anybody had any dealings with Brook Suspension in Bradford? I am just about to send my SP1 forks away to him for a service and wondered if anyone had an opinion?
Cheers
Tim :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Brook Suspension

Post by Pete.L »

Not heard of them I'm afraid
but I have used these guys a few times
http://www.jhsracing.co.uk/
You can either buy your stuff from him or do a ride in, ride out service. When he replaced my rear shock I just sat in the local Co op next door and had a large breakfast whislt he did all the work :Beer Popcorn:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
popkat

Post by popkat »

heard of them but not used them, they advertise on ebay sometimes saying they can rebuild any std shock, a mate got a quote for CB1300 shocks and was £200 so he got a 2nd hand pair instead.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tasum

Post by tasum »

I've met the chap and bought some new fork springs and oil from him. He's a nice fella and a racer as well.

I'd recomend him :thumbup: :thumbup:

He's a one man band, so he can take a day or 2 to reply to an email, but he's organised and his prices are good.

Let us know how it turns out. :D
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Spoke to him on the phone yesterday and seems like a decent bloke. Obviously busy at the moment as a 10 day turnaround time but as I`m not desperate they were sent off today.
Dealt direct rather than going through his ebay advert so no payment made as yet. Will let you know results :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

A quick update for this post. Just got my forks back from Dave Brooks and refitted to the bike. All I can say is he is a good bloke to deal with. He told me turnaround time would be about 10 days due to his volume of work. No problem there. He phoned me yesterday morning to say he had started on the forks and ASKED me if I would like to replace the dust seals as well as they had started to show signs of cracking. Well, with the forks apart its a no brainer so had some new ones fitted. He phoned me back about 3 hours later saying they were ready, paid over the phone and they were couriered to me overnight.
The bike is back to handling as it should and it`s nice to know that everything has been stripped, cleaned and checked and that no unecessary work has been done for the sake of a quick buck. £135 all in for refurb, re-oil, re-seal and postage back.
I would happily recommend him to anyone thinking of having any suspension work done. :thumbup:

Brook Suspension
01274 414768
http://WWW.Brooksuspension.co.uk

Cheers
Tim :D
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sounds good to me :thumbup:
When I phoned fowler s to change a seal on mine they wouldn't do it to loose fork legs (thought I could save a few bucks on labour) They gave me some lame excuse saying they had to do the whole job for safety reasons :?
I ended up doing the job myself but I ve had them do them in the past for convenience and they charged about the same :cool2

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal