Op Storm: Jurasic Coast 11-13 July 2014 -CANCELLED :(

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

popkat

Re: Operation Storm: Destination Jurasic Coast 2014

Post by popkat »

Last time I was round that way it was all speed camera's and cops everywhere, not an enjoyable ride, don't know the roads your on about but did a fair few miles in the area.

Whats the format of these things, is it a one day thing or a weekender ?, if it's over a weekend why not start in jurrasica and head towards the proper good biking roads of Devon :wink:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
geodude

Post by geodude »

Some great roads around Dorset. Cameras tend to be in the main towns. You do get some police about but thats no different than anywhere else really.

Me and a mate did about 100miles around dorset last Friday and it was a right hoot.

You should organise up a Operation Storm: Destination Devon :thumbup:

As for the format.

Arrive Friday and :beer:
Ride out Saturday and :beer: in the evening
Ride home on Sunday

This allows people from far away to attend without having to do silly miles in a day.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
popkat

Post by popkat »

It'd have to be 2015, looks like 2014's getting a bit full :lol:

Put me down as a maybe, 2014 is a long way off yet. what time of year you thinking ?
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
geodude

Post by geodude »

popkat wrote:It'd have to be 2015, looks like 2014's getting a bit full :lol:

Put me down as a maybe, 2014 is a long way off yet. what time of year you thinking ?
:thumbup:

Well theres ckennedy's in May/June
Yorkshire again at some point June/July?
Wales July/August
I reckon this'll be August/September :thumbup:

That's not including the Vic pub meet we usually have. 2014 is going to be a busy year 8)

I might organise a test run of the route this August if anyone is interested :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I think very busy is an under statement. I think 2014 is now fully booked haha. I did not realise there was going to be another Yorkshire one :oops:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Ckennedy wrote:I think very busy is an under statement. I think 2014 is now fully booked haha. I did not realise there was going to be another Yorkshire one :oops:
That's up to Flatline but there better be :thumbup:
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

Re Scotland trip:

Me and my mates have done a tour of Scotland twice in the past few years, the last being last year. To be honest it's best to go right to the top to Durness. Whichever way is planned ie. clockwise or anticlockwise makes no difference. To do it justice it will take around 5 to 7 days. Can be done in a shorter time certainly, but I can assure everyone, once you get up there, and if it's dry, you won't want to come home. East coast is ok for camping, west coast is a definite no, unless you want eaten alive by the dreaded midge. There are enough bunkhouses and such like equally spaced out and cost around the £15 mark.

I'm off to Faro (http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/) on the bike next year so won't have spare holidays for a Scotland trip, but can help out with a route etc.

Or what about an Operation Storm Destination Faro for truly awesome racetrack roads in Spain.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I will be up for the south coast run, you know me I'm always up for camping in the same clothes for two days with loads of sweaty lads
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bazza696 wrote:I will be up for the south coast run, you know me I'm always up for camping in the same clothes for two days with loads of sweaty lads
as long as the clothes stay on mate.......... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

You have not been on one of our runs, so you don't know of the initiation ritual and what we get up to....your going to have fun then.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as long as theres no pineapple involved..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm off to Faro (http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/) on the bike next year
From home to home :cry: I know it well, I used to live in Silves for a couple of years.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

Been to the Faro 8 times since 2000, it's like a drug...14 nights on the :beer: , awesome roads and sun, glorious sun..
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
geodude

Post by geodude »

bazza696 wrote:I will be up for the south coast run, you know me I'm always up for camping in the same clothes for two days with loads of sweaty lads
:thumbup:
darkember

Post by darkember »

That's BS. Bazza you don't do camping. Nor do I as a matter of fact :oops: Put my name down for this one :thumbup: