luggage racks for hard luggage and pilllion space

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Tangotart

luggage racks for hard luggage and pilllion space

Post by Tangotart »

any boffs out there recommend luggage racks that dont require full mod of fairing and will take decent hard luggage and also allow pillion access (without stepladers) me and other half are both vertically challenged but want to do europe next year - throwovers not an option any makes recommended thanks :?:
Tangotart rides again!
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Hire a VFR or Blackbird for the week!!

The pillion seat on the Storm is a right pain in the butt (literally) so unless they're reasonably padded you could be asking for trouble

Ben
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Not so sure about hard luggage, (someone was selling a rack not so long ago on here, try a search)

But me & the wife did Assen last year, (off again this year), 1000 miles in a weekend, no probs, rear seat isnt so bad (- according to the wife)

We've only got soft luggage, but i've got exandable soft panniers, plenty of room, we also use a large tailpack (on a renntec sports rack), and a baglux tank bag.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

check out guy on ebay selling hard luggage for storm.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

a link to the page would probably help???? :wink:
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 70362&rd=1

item no. 7972570362. in motorcycle parts and accessories search firestorm.

hope this helps
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Blimey, that's a pretty good kit.....

(always dubious of e.bay though - how d'ya know it's' for the right bike?)
Tangotart

Post by Tangotart »

Stormin Ben wrote:Hire a VFR or Blackbird for the week!!

The pillion seat on the Storm is a right pain in the butt (literally) so unless they're reasonably padded you could be asking for trouble

Ben
I only occasionally get to sit on the back! im usually piloting! mind you i find my elbow and legs only last 100 miles - and guess what - so does the blumin tank!
and without giving to much away - my butt is padded already!! ahem!! us girlies are custom built with padding!
Tangotart rides again!
Tangotart

Post by Tangotart »

essexbloke wrote:Not so sure about hard luggage, (someone was selling a rack not so long ago on here, try a search)

But me & the wife did Assen last year, (off again this year), 1000 miles in a weekend, no probs, rear seat isnt so bad (- according to the wife)

We've only got soft luggage, but i've got exandable soft panniers, plenty of room, we also use a large tailpack (on a renntec sports rack), and a baglux tank bag.
I had the offer of a rentec sports rack but the other half - hubby- is used to packing for several people and were hoping to wander round europe for a couple of weeks. one up i do use my oxfords but they do stop your legs getting to the pegs.
Tangotart rides again!