Mirror Extenders

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tiggerii

Mirror Extenders

Post by tiggerii »

Just a quick tip for anyone who's fed up with looking at their elbows in the mirrors on their VTR.

I wanted a set of extenders but previously had only seen a set from Genmar which where £65 plus postage in the UK.

Last week whilst surfing I came across THURN Motorsport in Germany. They have a lot of stuff but their website is all German.

Anyway I got a pair of mirror extenders from them for 44 euros which arrived in a week and fit really well, and they're half the price of the Genmar kit. :D :D :D
2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm - SOLD
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 - from two cylinders to three!
Fester

Extenders

Post by Fester »

Hi tiggerii - did they come with 'bolt extenders' too, as presumably the mirror bolts need to be made longer?

Wonder if they'd fit the R1 mirrors that I now have?

I like the look of that fairing, the first one in the catalogue with the twin headlights 8)
fester
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

Yes they do come with the bolt extenders and they are very nicely engineered.
Fester

Extenders

Post by Fester »

£30 then, but they are plastic? How did you contact them to buy em, phone, email?
fester
Buddy

mirror extenders

Post by Buddy »

Ebay have loads on ........ there isn't any at the minute but there are these from the states (ebay.com)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WD2V
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

The blocks are plastic with metal thread extenders.

Thurn's web site is http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/Frameset.html, I sent them an email and they came back very quickly, confirmed the price and postage and I was able to pay them using PayPal with no surcharges.

Here are some pics....

Fester

Extenders

Post by Fester »

They look pretty good tiggerii, thanks for the fots. :D

So would you say they give you a 'perfect' view behind now? How about vibration (at speed, are they fuzzy?)

Think my R1 mirrors would look odd mounted on them, so that would mean going back to the originals, hence the 'spanish inquisition'! :wink:
fester
Reedy

mirror extenders

Post by Reedy »

I got some of these too..ordered on wednesday turned up saturday,well worth it, as might as well bin the originals, defintately worth it.. :D
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

The view behind is excellent and I haven't yet managed to find a speed when they vibrate (ahem...)
Fester

extenders

Post by Fester »

Bought some from the German place, £30; paid via PayPal, delivered quickly.

Am using them with my R1 mirrors and the view is certainly improved (bound to be though really :o ) ; my only concern was vibration, but they seem ok so far.

They don't look as 'neat' as if I'd put the original mirrors back on as the extenders are shaped for those mirrors, not the R1s. But the R1 ones are better than the VTRs (longer stalks, bigger mirror), so stands to reason that the view would be even better with them, and I just gotta ignore the fact that they don't really 'fit' :wink:

Thanks for pointing me at Thurn Motorsport :D
fester
tiggerii

Post by tiggerii »

Thurn have got some of these on Ebay at the moment, see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

£31 including postage.
Ricky T Fence

Post by Ricky T Fence »

Hi all,
Just ordered a set on e-bay, hope they live up to expectations. I'll let you know.
:roll:
I'm not fat, just a nutritional overachiever.
Ricky T Fence

Post by Ricky T Fence »

:lol: Arrived 3 days after ordering, fitted in minutes. Vastly improved rear view, well worth the money.
I'm not fat, just a nutritional overachiever.