Numb fingers!

General Bike chat
Fireman on a Storm

Re: Numb fingers!

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

WHAT FINGERS???

I kept loosing the feeling in my thumb and first 2 fingers on my left hand THIS MEANT NO CLUTCH CONTROL 8O
A wrist operation for Carpal Tunnel later and it was cured!
I'd had the right wrist operated on about 8 years earlier. My right had kept going numb at night, not good when you get a shout and have to drive the fire truck!

Carpal tunnel syndrome effect the thumb and first 2 fingers. If it's these that keep going numb, go see your doctor!

Mine always played up when filtering in London traffic.
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

I know for a fact that its your new gloves or gloves that fit ''slightly tight ''.. It happened to me a while back.. I even got heavier bar ends and after a few rides the gloves stretched and the numbness went away.. If it has never happened to you before its the gloves for sure..

LOL I used to hang for my life when I first started riding my hawk.. Even with no gloves hands got numb.. lol ease up on the grip. Good luck..

Jon
Last edited by jonjonsocal on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
02 VTR1000f Red
Watty

Post by Watty »

jonjonsocal wrote:I know for a fact that its your new gloves.. It happened to me a while back.. I even got heavier bar ends and after a few rides the gloves stretched and the numbness went away.. If it has never happened to you before its the gloves for sure..

LOL I used to hang for my life when I first started riding my hawk.. Even with no gloves hands got numb.. lol ease up on the grip. Good luck..

Jon
You've misread the original post mate! I'm due a pair of new gloves! Not got new gloves! Andy.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

Wattys1 wrote:
jonjonsocal wrote:I know for a fact that its your new gloves.. It happened to me a while back.. I even got heavier bar ends and after a few rides the gloves stretched and the numbness went away.. If it has never happened to you before its the gloves for sure..

Jon
You've misread the original post mate! I'm due a pair of new gloves! Not got new gloves! Andy.
Usually only new gloves fit me "slightly tight".. my bad.
02 VTR1000f Red
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Get a vista cruise. Then you can open your hands on the highway. Gripping decreases circulation so open your hand 15-20 times (one at a time please) and it goes away.

To help before a long(2000mile) trip I melted lead fishing sinkers and poured it into crome pipe (1.25"ish diameter), then drilled holes in the lead (cooled) and bolted them on. Wow, soooo smooooth.

And these guys make these vibrinator dampers. They work like the dampers in skyscrapers (alledgedly) but a good motomag here in the US rated them effective. (this mag has no adverts so are honest)

http://www.vibranator.com/
Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.