what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:After tinkering with the pineapple carbs which behave more like lemons :lol: I washed my bike ready for the big day.

(:-})
ive left mine dirty lol i know if i washed it and made the wheels white again it will rain :lol:
so im doing my bit for you southern softy's just so you can stay dry :beer:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There are showers expected but nothing major. The only thing that bothers me about rain is the lack of vision with rain on my glasses and visor. :roll: Apart from that I love the rain. I stay dry and the bike can go where it wants, it don't slow me down. :thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:There are showers expected but nothing major. The only thing that bothers me about rain is the lack of vision with rain on my glasses and visor. :roll: Apart from that I love the rain. I stay dry and the bike can go where it wants, it don't slow me down. :thumbup:

have you not got a pin lock visor then ?
i also use some hydra on the visor the rain just beads off :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The pin lock is great for demisting, but I never use it as I am constantly going from closing and opening the visor depending on speeds. Hydra is a good idea actually. Really I need a new visor as this one is getting old and tired now. It's not as good as i was when new.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The pin lock system is double glazing for your visor and removes the need to increase ventilation to remove misting.
http://www.pinlockshop.co.uk/
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

No fogging at all no matter how cold or wet it is on the out side :-)
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

cybercarl wrote:The pin lock is great for demisting, but I never use it as I am constantly going from closing and opening the visor depending on speeds. Hydra is a good idea actually. Really I need a new visor as this one is getting old and tired now. It's not as good as i was when new.

Pinlock - superb, love it. Carl were some kind of visor then, advisor maybe?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Kev L wrote:The pin lock system is double glazing for your visor and removes the need to increase ventilation to remove misting.
pinlocks are shite. that is all.

get some bob heath anti mist spray instead and you'll be able to see though all your visor instead of just a little oval.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

today i took the blade to 1000 miles :thumbup:

so far ive done 2 oil changes before going onto synthetic - the first, the run-in oil, at 600 miles - black as fook.

2nd, p68 mineral oil, changed at 790, was as good as new...

and again at 924 with fully synthetic - does not appear to be using any (yet)

tonight, my fuel light came on! 8O
i last filled up on sunday lol.... 177 miles ago.
with what i put in to brim it, it works out average 53.5mpg!! :thumbup:

awesome! and the new can plays a nice tune :mrgreen:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That is impressive fuel economy. :thumbup:

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny hedges wrote:
Kev L wrote:The pin lock system is double glazing for your visor and removes the need to increase ventilation to remove misting.
pinlocks are shite. that is all.

get some bob heath anti mist spray instead and you'll be able to see though all your visor instead of just a little oval.
You must breathe funny? I found bob heath would only last 1hr, but pinlocks work great
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't have a problem with misting so much, just wet glasses and visor plus any road grime that is flung up all adding to restricting vision. Then if it's dark as well, I may as well point the bike in the direction I want to go in and close my eyes. :lol: Especially when there is glare from other vehicles. :roll:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:I don't have a problem with misting so much, just wet glasses and visor plus any road grime that is flung up all adding to restricting vision. Then if it's dark as well, I may as well point the bike in the direction I want to go in and close my eyes. :lol: Especially when there is glare from other vehicles. :roll:

I got a pin lock lid and spada enforcer gloves . The gloves have a windscreen wiper blade on the left thumb this combo is great and make riding in the rain a little more fun
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep I use my thumb to wipe the visor. You should trying wearing glasses, once they are wet, that's it... then the visor gets wet and it double bad. The best solution for me is to go faster so the rain runs off. :biggrin I must admit it's easier at high speeds along the motorway than it is around town. There's more dangers to watch out for in town as well.

Right got to get myself ready to leave in a minute, just waiting for the big man to turn up and then we are leaving for the West Mids. There is very fine drizzle here in London right now. I said to the big man that I have some spare waterproofs he can borrow and his response was, unless it's a tent it won fookin fit him. :lol: :lol: I think he meant Marquee :lol:

lloydie

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

I do ware glasses but when you have a pin lock you don't need to open the visor at all :-) so its like staying indoors
Clear blue sky's in cov