indicator integrated mirrors

General Bike chat
shaggy-doo

indicator integrated mirrors

Post by shaggy-doo »

has any one here fitted indicator integrated mirrors something like the gsxr ones if so what is the fit like i don't mind moding the fairing to make them fit as my bike is in primer at mo
see the problem i have is when i got the bike it had mini leds on going through the big hole that the oe indicators went in and they only just stuck out of the fairing so in my gr8 wisdom i decided to plastic weld the old holes up to refit the leds but now i have put the bike back together i have noticed there is no were to put them as if i fit them were the old holes were then they would sit at an angel and would just look wrong
pics would be good or a link to someone that has done this :D
thanks
Regards ian
agentpineapple

Re: indicator integrated mirrors

Post by agentpineapple »

shane on the aussie forum fitted gsxr mirrors, they look very smart. do a google search for the aussie forum... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Lots of info on the Superhawk forum as well. I'm sure Smoking Joe will be along with some pics of his.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gsxr+ ... annel=fflb
shane on the aussie forum fitted gsxr mirrors
They are not GSXR mirrors. They are one off customs he built from various mirror parts.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

I fitted these ones to back up the 'flush' fit front indicators
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Yeah Carl here I am.

Did it 2 different ways, flexible leds on cbr mirrors, then gixr (which are better)

Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

So to adapt the mount, I just cut angled steel to size, put it in a vise, hit it with a hammer to bend it to the right(correct not 90*) angle, then painted them.

Wires go right thru a hole on the bracket and I even wired them as running and turn sigs. Everyone got out of my way in the City. (feel like I have written this before, sorry for the repeat)

Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

well seeing how they look on Smokinjoe's bike i am going to put gsx mirrors on my bike but at mo just going to fit fairing flush indicators on to get the bike back on the road. till i get some manual cct's and get it mechanically sound first. Smokinjoe's look good and functional but with a bit of plastic welding around the base plates to hide the brackets would make them look moor standard :thumbup:
thanks all for the help on this :clap: :clap:
Regards ian
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Original GSXR mirrors are mucho expensive but there are plenty of cheap copies. I've had these bookmarked for a while. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170891338372? ... 1423.l2649

==============================Enter the Darkside
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

cybercarl wrote:Original GSXR mirrors are mucho expensive but there are plenty of cheap copies. I've had these bookmarked for a while. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170891338372? ... 1423.l2649

oh that's cheep thanks iv just put them in my watch list with the other bits i want to buy for the storm :think: :clap:
Regards ian
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Oh yeah, if any of you blokes are gonna do the gixer ones, get the copies (emgo are good) but be sure they are the folding ones. Some ultra cheap ones ($26 US/pair) dont really fold in and you will regret that purchase really quickly I promise.

Just for your own FYI
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

Smokinjoe73 wrote:Oh yeah, if any of you blokes are gonna do the gixer ones, get the copies (emgo are good) but be sure they are the folding ones. Some ultra cheap ones ($26 US/pair) dont really fold in and you will regret that purchase really quickly I promise.

Just for your own FYI
ok thanks for the heads up i will check before buying :clap:
Regards ian