speedometer/tacho/temp.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Smokinjoe73

Re: speedometer/tacho/temp.

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Hey, vtrjames, what are you gonna do with the dash. This is your thread after all. Sorry for the jabberjawing.
Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

im not sure yet,ive got the standard one plugged in just now so i can watch the temp gauge when i first fire it up as ive only 1 rad at the front, so i want to monitor that.i like the cbr1000 clocks they look neat

i might go down the universal route but i would like to avoid a sensor on the front wheel.just for tidyness.

any other ideas welcome :thumbup:
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

well i was bidding on a cbr1000 clock set but someone beat me to it. :problem:

couldnt afford to go much more as just bought carbs/oil cooler.never mind engine should run this week tho :thumbup:
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

Mine are cbr600. The 1000 are probly superior if only due to closer redline, but the 600 clocks have tons of sweep so in real life you dont notice. I got mine for like $160 shipped (105 pounds). The 1000 clocks were going for twice that much.
Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

is that the clocks that have the rev counter on the right and a digi display to the left.? i like them too.i am watching a couple of sets on ebay at the mo.

im just a little concerened about the size as i will have no fairings so would like something small and compact.i take it they are alot smaller than the vtr ones?

did you bother with a fuel guage? if so how did you do the sender part of the guage? ive heard vfr ones go in ...i think..
fiero

Post by fiero »

am facing an issue with my speedometer.
my speedometer has a reading upto 180 (it doesn't has MPH or KMPH marking), in a recent ride i see that speedometer closes 180 and wants to go more but cannot go because it already reached the end.
now how do i correct this, any leads to help me ?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Have you a photo of the speedo face?

I thought your bike was restricted to a 120mph but you want to do more than an indicted 180mph ? :confused ?

Should be something like this. If it doesn't and its not reading right I would hazard a guess that it has been disassembled kack handidly. Have a read through this recent thread on how to do it properly < http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... lit=speedo

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

[youtube][/youtube]

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
fiero

Post by fiero »

i have something like below but in black, is there way to recalibrate the speedo ? as in mine the speedo needle crossing the 180 mark
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Wasn't there a few people who for some reason had the clocks change from mph to kph and they read wildly different and no one knew why?
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wasn't there a few people who for some reason had the clocks change from mph to kph and they read wildly different and no one knew why?
Well remembered, your right. A bit of a mystery that one.

fiero you may want to check that the bike hasn't got a Speedo healer or some other electronic device that is calibrated wrong. These are sometimes added on when people change the sprocket gearing to correct the speedo reading. The VTR speed sensor is the same whether the clock is in KPH or MPH and can not be calibrated.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside