New brake bits...

General Bike chat
Shauned71

New brake bits...

Post by Shauned71 »

Wonder if any of you would be kind enough to give your opinions on some bits i'm looking at...

Need to replace my clutch lever but was looking at replacing both levers, wasn't looking to spend a great deal just wanted something a bit different and spotted these on ebay..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Clutch- ... 19d4fe049b

Also was looking at braided brake pipes and again found these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wezmoto-Braid ... 2707407%26

Also noticed that some brake pipe sets are 2 piece on the front brakes, some 3 piece... is there a preference?

I wouldn't know good from bad... not trying to make the bike anything special... just give it a tweak here and there and make her look a bit better.
darkember

Re: New brake bits...

Post by darkember »

Not sure about the quality of the levers. As for the brake lines, the 2 line option or race setup as they call it has the 2 hoses connected to the master cylinder using a double banjo bolt. One hose will be shorter and feeds the right caliper as you are sitting on the bike & of course the longer hose feeds the left caliper. Here is what it looks like, looking from the front of the bike this time.

whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

the levers are ok mate for the money iv got some and they look and work great there is a slight bit of play up and down but nout to worrie about :thumbup:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

whitestorm pete wrote:the levers are ok mate for the money iv got some and they look and work great there is a slight bit of play up and down but nout to worrie about :thumbup:
I have some of those levers too. Figured could buy several pairs of these for the price of pazzo, which incidentally also have slight play (well ones in shop did).

In fact Chinese ones have less play than stock!
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The Pizzo Chinky copies are ok some people wont go near them, but they do the job, both of mine survived the recent prang I had, but will get a very thorough inspection before I think about putting them back on.

Will go for short ones next time...

If you do get them there is a little brass bush that you need to swap from the standard to the new one on the clutch lever, It will be obvious when you look at it...I didn't but it was pointed out to me & quickly sorted...DOH!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Will go for short ones next time...
I like shorties. You soon get used to them and if the bike does fall the is a lot less chance of them getting damaged.

Those wezmoto lines you will find use Hel parts. I have them lines in CF look and they have Hel stamped on the rubber sheaving that goes over them. Otherwise there is not much to go wrong with braided lies and they are all pretty much the same. Next time I want find some with swivelling banjo's on the end though, juts to make fitting a little easier and tidy things up.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
shaggy-doo

Post by shaggy-doo »

yep i have just put them same levers on my bike to i got them from the same seller and they were at my door two days after i paid for them as said before there is a little play in the brake lever but nothing to worry about i had the short ones on my old zx9r for about 2 weeks and found they gave me bad cramp on the clutch wrist so changed them to the long ones and found they were fine so i bought the long ones for my vtr :D
Regards ian
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Picking up on what Carl mentions, the Wez bloke is up the road and round the corner from and used to work at Hel too. I did the two line set up and was no problem and very pleased with the lines, service etc :thumbup:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Thanks for the replies... that settles it.. i'll buy both of them :thumbup: I'll go for the 2 part front brake pipes, on a plus side they are cheaper anyway :D
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Shauned71 wrote:Thanks for the replies... that settles it.. i'll buy both of them :thumbup: I'll go for the 2 part front brake pipes, on a plus side they are cheaper anyway :D
make sure you get the correct bango bolt for the master cyl end..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: