Rectifier Wrecked

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Right again, Chris. That looks like it. Seemed the same as the unit that was on it, except that the fin section had been made bigger (& therefore better :wink:) by a few cms all 'round. The new one is wider and deeper. I pretty much know squat about bike bits, but seem to recall it just fitting in my jeans pocket on the ride back from the shop! If I can get them so cheaply, p'haps I should be exporting to the UK! :lol:
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:Right again, Chris. That looks like it. Seemed the same as the unit that was on it, except that the fin section had been made bigger (& therefore better :wink:) by a few cms all 'round. The new one is wider and deeper. I pretty much know squat about bike bits, but seem to recall it just fitting in my jeans pocket on the ride back from the shop! If I can get them so cheaply, p'haps I should be exporting to the UK! :lol:
Many thanks for your reply VTRgirl. So it now seems Honda are making them with fins, as the rectifier's we have over here on our bikes (UK models), well on my year (99) anyway did not have any fins on them as below:-

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4438/oldtype0ui.jpg

Chris

WBC wrote:In the end I bought a replacement r/r from David Silver for about £55. This has got cooling fins on it and looks more or less the same as the picture above.
Thanks for your reply also WBC

Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:Many thanks for your reply VTRgirl. So it now seems Honda are making them with fins, as the rectifier's we have over here on our bikes (UK models), well on my year (99) anyway did not have any fins on them...
Mine's a 99 model also, so interesting that the rectifier is actually different. I'm positive the one I took off also had fins, just much smaller.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote:Mine's a 99 model also, so interesting that the rectifier is actually different. I'm positive the one I took off also had fins, just much smaller.
Honda probably think we don't get enough hot weather over here for fin's to be required :)

Chris.