what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Wicky wrote:Very Nice! Must be some way to fabricate a connector piece.

Reminds me when I bought a featherweight titanium header for the storm 2nd hand for only £100 many moons ago and it all fitted perfectly except the for link pipes - I've since regretted sending it back for a refund as with some subtle engineering it could have been made to work.
:Ball Kick: bet you feel a right tit now :lol:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Finally got around to fitting a few small goodies to me bike thanks to my insurance pay out on the bike. Saying that.. that ain't quite true because I fitted my levers, bar ends and no. plate earlier in week but after starting late last night and finishing when I got up this morning I straightened my forks up after they were knocked out a bit when the bike was hit over and I fitted my new brake hoses along with new rear pads and then while out with a few mates earlier picked up some new rear indicators to finish off my effort to tidy the rear end up while I decide what exactly I want to do with it.

:) :) :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Lloydie, glad you survived....the sun brings out all the idiots, I didn't go near my storm this weekend as I knew its would be to frustrating or risky. Rode the little kwak125 Saturday and the trials bike today...will save the storm ride for early morning when the knobs are still in bed
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:Lloydie, glad you survived....the sun brings out all the idiots, I didn't go near my storm this weekend as I knew its would be to frustrating or risky. Rode the little kwak125 Saturday and the trials bike today...will save the storm ride for early morning when the knobs are still in bed
To true I think I will start doing the early runs too = much safer .

You must be bolloxed after that today !
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Close call there Lloyd :eek2 seems to have been an eventful weekend for a lot of us with your near miss, my points and popkat's off. :thumbdown:
this is the cone bit i was talking about mate
Not seen anything like that before. :confused Couldn't you take that off. Is it just a cone shaped perforated tube or has it got some kind of emissions thing in it.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:Close call there Lloyd :eek2 seems to have been an eventful weekend for a lot of us with your near miss, my points and popkat's off. :thumbdown:
this is the cone bit i was talking about mate
Not seen anything like that before. :confused Couldn't you take that off. Is it just a cone shaped perforated tube or has it got some kind of emissions thing in it.

(:-})
It's welded mate, what I'm Gona do is get another mid pipe and hack it off then i can get it to work :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Keith

Post by Keith »

Been changing over my front foot pegs. "Oh its easy!" they say "Just stick a bar in there as you take out the swingarms spindle" they say. Well they didn't say "total knobheads should not attempt it!" I gone and really fecked up. :evil:

All started real well, I losened off the pivot nut, tapped the spindle through a little, then found a bar suitable to slide through as the spindle slid out. The bar I used was a perfect fit metal tent pole. When the spindle was almost out I tapped as in real lightly tapped the bar to drive it out the last little amount, then the bar made a metallic sound so I stopped tapping. By this point I was able to pull the spindle out and then proceeded to just change the right hand foot rest assembly. Got most of that done okay then proceeded to push the swingarm spindle back through as I slid out the bar.

Oh yeah here it comes CLUNK!! :confused
WTF, Gives the bar another tug as its almost out CLINK!! 8O
So I gave a tap on the spindle to see if it could tap the bar out. :oops: Not a chance! :eek2

So I proceeded over the next three hours to try remove this bar and yes that also included using a bloody big hammer too. The bar was free sliding but then came to a metallic clunk before it's out. I have given up and will tackle it again tonight. I'm at the stage of removing the last 4 inches as I have now snapped off the protruding bar and trying to do a lengthways cut with a hacksaw blade to see if I can fold it in on itself to remove it. The problem now is that I am dropping metal filings into the swing arm needles.

So Thumper, at this rate I may not be able to make it to Hagbourne on Tuesday with my bike :sad2
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Managed to get some new front pads for the bike yesterday all thank you to a forum member :thumbup:

When I got back I decided I would fit them, change the fluid and give the calipers a little clean. All went swimmingly until it came to bleeding the system. I have done this before on my old bike and when I fitted the braided lines to the storm. Was pretty simple and did not take very long, so I was feeling pretty confident 2nd time round. My word what a mistake. 4 hours it took me to manage to bleed the brakes :x :evil: 4 chuffing hours!!!

Went to it this morning and the lever feels solid :thumbup: Got the front wheel off the floor and the front wheel is not spinning freely due to the pads biting on the discs. It does more so there not jammed on. Anyone think this will be an issue? Should they free off then I have used them a bit?

Got it booked it for retest today at 1400 so after that I shall be out on it and if mr mot man says other wise I shall plant on right on the end of his nose. Picky little f**ker!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Go the long way to the mot do you can bed the brakes in .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and remember the thread that Hawk started on how to bed in new pads or disks.

repeated hard braking from 70 to 20mph, but dont stop the bike, keep it rolling so the disks and pads can cool evenly
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Well the brakes certainly got some use. More so when 3 people tried killing me by slamming there brakes on mid corner for god only know what reason. I have to say they work really well. Worth 4 hours trying to bleed the system :lol:
whitestorm pete

Post by whitestorm pete »

Done a slight modification on the steering stops so that my harris clip ons dont hit the body work anymore :thumbup:
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bleed the rear brake as it felt soft after my little ride yesterday .
I think I will give the rear master and caliper a service in winter with new seals and stuff .
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

That's something I noticed today to. My rear caliper needs re bleeding. Felt very soft. A job for another day. Must remember not to try to do it with a dry system next time :lol: :lol:
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Rode my commute Yorkshire to Anglesey- first long ride since I fettled with the carbs on Sat:

Pilots #48s
Mixture 2.5fr 2.75rr
Mains 182fr 185rr
1 x Front slide hole plugged

And the starting & slow speed is much smoother/crisper.

The 3000-5000 range has smoothed out so corners feel more controlled.

Snowdonia / Beddgelert/ Blannau Fest/ Betwys y Coed / A5 here we come! I do do some work you know, on nights so my day is my own!!!!

Griff.
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!