In memory of Benny.

General Biker Banter
MacV2

In memory of Benny.

Post by MacV2 »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY DONATIONS YET REGARDING THE STICKERS.

They have not been produced yet & I need to finalize how this is going to be done.

When we are ready I will post a new thread on how to order them, where to donate ect.

I do appreciate your keenness & willingness to donate, but I need to organise things & get it sorted.

Just think of all those envelopes I have to lick...

Mac

Mac
Last edited by MacV2 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Re: In memory of Benny.

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice idea Mac, I will see if ican think up any optional wording but your suggestions look good to me
AMcQ
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Since I have became a turncoat and have purchased a brand new shiny bike you have no mission of me putting a sticker on my bike.

I will however take 2 stickers when the design is finalized and put one on my lid and the other one on my guitar.

Needs more stickers.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

pinkyfloyd wrote:Since I have became a turncoat and have purchased a brand new shiny bike you have no mission of me putting a sticker on my bike.

I will however take 2 stickers when the design is finalized and put one on my lid and the other one on my guitar.

Needs more stickers.
Thats the spirit Pinky will keep you in the loop when things are finalised.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Notice I have the VTR sticker on there and no yami one as yet? lol
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

MacV2 wrote:Fellow forum members, I need your help please.

I thought it would be nice to remember Benny by way of a little sticker that we can place on our bikes.

I have passed my suggestion on to Jazz as he has a direct contact to Pat who did the VTR stickers for us & both Jazz & Pat are up for the job.

I need two things please.

The best wording for the sticker.

The art work once the wording is chosen.

The plan is that once the those two things are in place & the stickers are made is to put a post in Sales & have a minimum ''donation'' of £5 which will go to Benny's family.

I have told Jazz that I will be more than happy to cover the costs of any materials for the stickers & if when completed they can be sent to me & I will do the posting out. Donations will be via Jazz's paypal account.

I'm thinking along the lines of a small sticker which will be no longer than the width of the running light on the front of the fairing. Seems to me to be a good place to put them but that is up to you at the end of the day.

They will be available in White only, the colour of Benny's Storm.

OK for the wording I will give you a couple of thoughts to start with, please feel fee to chip in with your ideas, then maybe we'll do a quick poll to decide before the end of the week.

''Benny 1964 - 2013'' ( please can someone confirm that the birth year is correct. )

''R.I.P. Benny''

''Ride in Peace Benny''

Mac
RIP Benny (never 2nd Fiddle) as he loved the Cat n Fidddle? or
RIP VEE Ride Free? Just an idea..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
BennysSister

Post by BennysSister »

Hi all - I'm Benny/Martin's sister
Hope you don't mind me lurking in the background on the forum, although I do have my own leathers and have been known to ride pillion, so I'm half a biker, much to our mum's horror :wink:
Just wanted to say this is a great idea - will probably want some stickers for myself (am I allowed to put them on a push bike?!) and confirm his birth year as 1964. I know he wasn't looking forward to his 50th next year but have to say this is a rather extreme way of avoiding it... :cry:
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

BennysSister wrote:Hi all - I'm Benny/Martin's sister
Hope you don't mind me lurking in the background on the forum, although I do have my own leathers and have been known to ride pillion, so I'm half a biker, much to our mum's horror :wink:
Just wanted to say this is a great idea - will probably want some stickers for myself (am I allowed to put them on a push bike?!) and confirm his birth year as 1964. I know he wasn't looking forward to his 50th next year but have to say this is a rather extreme way of avoiding it... :cry:
You have no idea how much your brother was loved and so well respected by a lot of people.. Pushbike is brilliant, that way he goes everywhere with you when you go for a ride!
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

Just a thought but what about a sticker that looks like a pack of Benson an hedges fags since that's where his user name came from with the wording in white something like RIP 1964 - 2013 ?
Last edited by MJONESY on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

BennysSister wrote:. I know he wasn't looking forward to his 50th next year but have to say this is a rather extreme way of avoiding it... :cry:
i see the sense of humour runs in the family :D

glad to have you lurking here :thumbup:
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Me I like the dates 1964-2013 ,good idea this I will take a couple of whatever is chosen.cheerz mate .ady f.
playerone

Post by playerone »

Nice idea mac, I'll definitely have some and have pm'd you :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

AMCQ46 wrote:
BennysSister wrote:. I know he wasn't looking forward to his 50th next year but have to say this is a rather extreme way of avoiding it... :cry:
i see the sense of humour runs in the family :D

glad to have you lurking here :thumbup:
+1 :thumbup: I just spat my tea out reading that. :lol:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MJONESY wrote:Just a thought but what about a sticker that looks like a pack of Benson an hedges fags since that's where his user name came from with the wording in white something like RIP 1964 - 2013 ?
I like that idea. Benny Hedges in the fag packet font :thumbup:
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

I'll have a few thanks.

I think using his real name might make the sticker more widely appealing unless its something just for this forum. He used different nicks.

Having said that, I do like the Benson idea though :thumbup:

Martin Leyland
1964-2013
Ride in Peace
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories