Burnt legs

General Bike chat
Jvid

Burnt legs

Post by Jvid »

I'm new to firestorms and as its warm and as I'm a gentleman, I keep burning my legs on the exhaust as I'm putting the bike away for the wife! Is it just me or are there other idiots out there who move their bike in shorts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Bikes are good but I still like Football!! 1878.
Virt

Re: Burnt legs

Post by Virt »

She's dressed up for it, make her move the bike :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you plonker Rodney..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
wait for the bike to cool down first or as young master virt said, get the misses to put her own bike away.... :roll:
unless shes getting ready for a bout of bedroom Olympics, in which case, get the bike away as quick as possible, sod the burnt legs..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jvid

Post by Jvid »

I wouldn't mind it's just that my right leg is nearly healed and now I just done my left.... Again!

She can't put it away coz it needs to be reversed down the drive? I wish I could have the same excuse?

I could leave it on the front to cool but I live too close to a place called Halton Lodge and even the dogs have flick knives there....

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jvid wrote:I keep burning my legs on the exhaust as I'm putting the bike away

its Darwins theory of evolution...............learn & adapt ............ or keep burning your legs :lol:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol:

Get a Titanium exhaust as it don't get so hot. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

Have her sit on it and you push from the front :lol: that's how we put my brothers bike away because "it's too heavy to move on gravel" :lol: he needs to man up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I used burn my trousers to on my 2-1 link pipe but soon learnt not to do it
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

cybercarl wrote::lol: :lol:

Get a Titanium exhaust as it don't get so hot. :biggrin

(:-})
Still getting hot after a while, Carbon fiber would do better, but then... you know, may not last as long :)
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stand in front of bike, grab handle bars, right hand on the clutch, left hand on the throttle.

Take weight of side stand & walk forward, pushing the bike backwards. Legs no where near pipes.

It does take a bit of getting used to but can be done. Have a practice somewhere flat to get used to it.

It's a bike shop trick, for getting bike in & out of tight spaces.

I moved my bikes like this yesterday, I still have a very wonky wrist with little strength & one of the bikes has no brakes. No mishaps... :thumbup:

Simples...

Disclaimer I take no responsibility whatsoever for anyone who attempts this & drops their bike...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

My mate often makes a point of making sure there's a few people looking, then spins the bike around on the side stand, then smugly looks around for praise and admiration from his audience...

I can't wait for that moment where the side stand bolt goes... PING!

:-D
Jamie :wave:
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

MacV2 wrote:Stand in front of bike, grab handle bars, right hand on the clutch, left hand on the throttle.

Take weight of side stand & walk forward, pushing the bike backwards. Legs no where near pipes.

It does take a bit of getting used to but can be done. Have a practice somewhere flat to get used to it.

It's a bike shop trick, for getting bike in & out of tight spaces.

I moved my bikes like this yesterday, I still have a very wonky wrist with little strength & one of the bikes has no brakes. No mishaps... :thumbup:

Simples...

:thumbup: That is how they maneuver them in dealerships, easy and much better balance once you get the trick.

Disclaimer I take no responsibility whatsoever for anyone who attempts this & drops their bike...
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
Foxy vid vtr

Post by Foxy vid vtr »

He couldn't push from the front he'd drop it. His mate picked up his new tuono a few weeks ago, and stupidly let him have a go, then he pulled back into our road and dropped it!

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Foxy vid vtr wrote:He couldn't push from the front he'd drop it. His mate picked up his new tuono a few weeks ago, and stupidly let him have a go, then he pulled back into our road and dropped it!

8O I'd run away!
Jamie :wave:
Jvid

Post by Jvid »

I didnt drop it!!!..... i placed it gently on its side and that took some doing?? :roll: :thumbup:

:Argue: